The Things We Ride
Wonkyconk

Re: The new AJP PR7 Adventure

Post by Wonkyconk »

And rub marks on the swing arm.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

is that a prototype/ test bike by any chance ?

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I'd imagine its just a prototype. You're unlikely to hear from AJP on here though in the near future, pretty sure Mr Dragonwheels has moved to SWM.

My concern with AJP is the back end / dealer network but the engine in this bike is awesome so if the price is right (someone told me the price had been released?) they might sell, hard to tell, especially if Yam, KTM and Honda have all got a medium sized adv bike in the pipeline (800cc) :whistle:
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Mike54 wrote:I'd imagine its just a prototype. You're unlikely to hear from AJP on here though in the near future, pretty sure Mr Dragonwheels has moved to SWM.

My concern with AJP is the back end / dealer network but the engine in this bike is awesome so if the price is right (someone told me the price had been released?) they might sell, hard to tell, especially if Yam, KTM and Honda have all got a medium sized adv bike in the pipeline (800cc) :whistle:
come on Mike spill the beans your such a tease..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

minkyhead wrote:cant help but notice that them exhaust headers look proper shoddy and cheap hope thats not the production spec :(
Don't look great do they. Needs a decent stainless steel item.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

AJP was saying (somewhere I forgot) that it'd be around ten grand in Euros incl. local tax.

That was more than I was hoping to be honest.

Especially with that shoddy exhaust on a prototype :whistle:
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

Mike54 wrote:I'd imagine its just a prototype. You're unlikely to hear from AJP on here though in the near future, pretty sure Mr Dragonwheels has moved to SWM.

You're right..I have...mainly 'cos SWM make the engine for the PR7 and it'll be more expensive than our own offerings, you can ride a 650R (effectively a Husky 630TE) same lump as a PR7 for less that £6K at any of our dealers NOW...
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

so the RRp has apparently been tentatively set at £10,500 - any takers? lol...I think AJP have dropped the ball on this one...the same engine in a SWM from £5700 (650r) or £7500 for a full touring kitted Superdual...
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I read the other day that they have designed their own engine for the PR7?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

Nope..its the SWM/Husky lump, possibly their own Fuel Injection/CDi

Return to “BIKES”