The new AJP PR7 Adventure

The Things We Ride
Crossrutted

Re: The new AJP PR7 Adventure

Post by Crossrutted »

Love mine.

Comfortable, competent and well specced. First year model issues (in Australia) sorted quickly by factory (KTM take note.)
Current UK models are latest updated spec.

Night & day better than 690/701 IMO.
Chris S

Post by Chris S »

I rode one briefly in the summer and was impressed, and met a bloke last week in Mk on his year-old PR7.
His tablet dash was playing up and his economy did not seem to be so good (~20kpl - 330/tank) plus the pump or injectors packed up when it ran low one time (warrantied).
Other than that (and the seat) he seemed to like it.
Got his there from Belgium.

Funnily enough, in the same desert village met a friend on her 701.
Had a quick blast and much smoother than the first gen jackhammer I rode a few years back.

I thought CCM had a GP600 in the pipeline, but a recent inteview with Ala Clews didn't mention it.
Maybe they're up to their necks banging out Spitfires.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

The current PR7 uses a different tablet to the original and mine averaged over 80mpg on a trip to Spain & back, through France.

Some early PR7s did have pump and injector problems - just like the KTM 690 and others.

The difference is AJP have addressed and resolved the problem - unlike KTM who refused to acknowledge they had a problem.
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

I took the tuned one out at Oxford this year and really liked it except for slightly jerky fuelling at steady speeds 30-40mph. Not the worst I have tried (Cagiva Navigator takes that prize) but enough to really tick me off if I owned one. The guys said they were working on new maps. Some people don't seem to think this is a issue so try before you buy!
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

80mpg is certainly impressive.
Its a trick............get an Axe
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Barftone wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 pm I took the tuned one out at Oxford this year and really liked it except for slightly jerky fuelling at steady speeds 30-40mph. Not the worst I have tried (Cagiva Navigator takes that prize) but enough to really tick me off if I owned one. The guys said they were working on new maps. Some people don't seem to think this is a issue so try before you buy!
I have the SWM RS650R which AJP use the engine from and mine runs perfectly at all RPM but i think it had to have the Arrow pipe fuelling map installed before it ran right from the showroom.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Before the PR7 I had a SWM RS650R (think Husky TE630) which is the engine the PR7 uses - both bikes fuelled ok.
The PR7 power up kit makes the bike more urgent and raw but I've not noticed any particular jerkiness as yet (3000miles).
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

Barftone wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 pm I took the tuned one out at Oxford this year and really liked it except for slightly jerky fuelling at steady speeds 30-40mph. Not the worst I have tried (Cagiva Navigator takes that prize) but enough to really tick me off if I owned one. The guys said they were working on new maps. Some people don't seem to think this is a issue so try before you buy!
Mine had the same fueling issue when trying to cruise at 30mph. The ECU was updated (I think to ver 51) which made it much better.
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

Crossrutted wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:38 am The current PR7 uses a different tablet to the original and mine averaged over 80mpg on a trip to Spain & back, through France.
@crossrutted

Are you able to confirm the model of the tablet used?
paulcobb72

Post by paulcobb72 »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 pm
beddowsm wrote:A 660 weighing 155kg. Perfect.
I'm already riding one of those bikes, been out on it this afternoon in fact :whistle:

650 cc

155kg with fuel (I'll admit more fuel would be nice)

53 bhp

70+mpg
Good news, thanks for the assurance :D

Return to “BIKES”