The new AJP PR7 Adventure

The Things We Ride
SteveR

Re: The new AJP PR7 Adventure

Post by SteveR »

dragonwheels wrote:so the RRp has apparently been tentatively set at £10,500 - any takers? lol...I think AJP have dropped the ball on this one...the same engine in a SWM from £5700 (650r) or £7500 for a full touring kitted Superdual...
OUCH!! Seriously....? I know that post-Brexit vote we have seen the pound plummet, but that's a huge hike from the £7995 I was told it would be late Spring, and the Dealer wanted a 20% deposit....

I imagine the off road capabilities will be superior on the AJP, but not 3 grand more...? :(
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

Possibly but as the swm 650r has had numerous rave reviews (Brake, ABTV, MCN, Rust et al) for its off road capacity, it'd struggle..as a long distance Rally bike maybe, on Hellas, Athens Gibraltar etc...
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

just seen what looks like a batch of finished bikes on facebook

it looks really nice not sure what you do with luggage with the slab sides and dakar style exhaust ,, looks reaaly nice if a bit impractical ..i cant even see a tie down point for a giant loop ,,i think they are going down a rally bike route rather than a travel bike ??

id wreck that exhaust cosmetically on the first drop .maby theres two versions ..needs a belly pan really badly too ..looks well though (thumbs)

im not trying to be harsh but it does look very vunerable to damage particularly the exhaust system its going to need a two stroke type pan id think :(
all that said i do like it B)

Imageaaaaaaaaaa by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]

Imageaaaaaaa by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Are those 'slab sides' fuel tanks?

I wonder if they have developed a bespoke luggage system for it.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
rallymoto

Post by rallymoto »

Looks awesome
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Is that the tenere 660 lump?..looks like it to me.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

rallymoto wrote:Looks awesome
i aggree it looks the mutts nutts B)it started with a xt660 engine and then had to change it to the huqvarna 6 speed ..its a very nice engine to ride
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

RE Luggage - I did get Touratech and Metal Mule to look at the Prototype at Cologne 2 years ago, there's hope, but I'd need to look at it again now its a production model and get on to Metal Mule for Dave to look at and measure, or maybe Gabe at Zen, he can work miracles...
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

according to interweb base bike will be around 48hp 10500 euros ..1200 euros upgrade buys a better zorst and power upgrade to 60hp

8800 retail 9800 full braap

does look cool its a nice machine braaaap

https://vimeo.com/[video width=425 height=344 type=vimeo]193245216[/video]
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Test rides available!!

From the AJP UK Facebook page...

Nuno Leotte Facebook

11 hrs
Hi guys! Come ride off-road with me in Portugal, I have now the new AJP PR7 available. Week long tours or weekend short breaks!
We will pick you up at the airport and take care of everything.
Lodging, bike, support vehicle included!

Return to “BIKES”