The new AJP PR7 Adventure

The Things We Ride
Crossrutted

Re: The new AJP PR7 Adventure

Post by Crossrutted »

appleseed wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 am
Crossrutted wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:38 am The current PR7 uses a different tablet to the original and mine averaged over 80mpg on a trip to Spain & back, through France.
@crossrutted

Are you able to confirm the model of the tablet used?

Appleseed - the tablet on mine is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 8GB WiFi.

I believe the first bikes had an Asus tablet ? (but I could be wrong.)
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

Crossrutted wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:12 am
appleseed wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 am
Crossrutted wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:38 am The current PR7 uses a different tablet to the original and mine averaged over 80mpg on a trip to Spain & back, through France.
@crossrutted

Are you able to confirm the model of the tablet used?

Appleseed - the tablet on mine is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 8GB WiFi.

I believe the first bikes had an Asus tablet ? (but I could be wrong.)
Thanks. The red forked version also uses the Samsung A6 tab, so the still the same. i think the Android launcher (Drive mode dashboard) on the silver forked version might be differant but i use the full version (by Obsidian-PC ) which great
Kelvyn

Post by Kelvyn »

appleseed wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:16 pm Mine has the power up kit installed (the standard pipe, ECU etc is in the loft)

I don't know how the "standard" version goes so cant offer a comparison. The non standard header (it's either stainless or maybe TI ) looks nicer than the standard version and the doma can is way prettier than the standard to and imo isn't too loud and sounds real nice. Also I always wear ear plugs when doing distance so it makes no real difference volume wise. I can only compare it to my xr650r with an FMF and it's probably quieter than the XR.

I have only had a chance to do a small excursion to Thetford which included about 60 miles on the A14 and it was happy sitting between 65 - 75 with no vibrations which is way better than my old XR. The tkc80 suck in mud but that's nothing new and we all know they a adequate on dry sand and tar. It would fly through the mud if it had knobblies on.

The suspension is great but maybe a bit soft for my 100 kg frame but I will get that sorted by torque at its first service. The would be applicable to any bike so not a negative point for me.

I rode a ktm690 once a few years ago and I would say it's at least (from memory) as good vibes wise but probably doesn't have the top end power of the 690 but i like the PR7 more (but I am probably a bit biased).

I personally think it's extremely well thought out and well built. The only annoyance is the tablet may not be as water resistant as I would hope but others don't seem to have an issue with it so it might just be my paranoia.

The rear top rack is "only" 70€ and the side ones are inexpensive too so .... Also there are some ok looking crashbars available for it and they cost me £155 shipped from Portugal. So stuff for it for it is what I consider affordable. Well the only "expensive" bit was the pivot pegz but that was because I got them from OZ so had to pay the HMRC their usual bride to let it in.

The biggest "issue" ATM is that there are only a few dealers in the UK but I am willing to risk it for what I believe is the unicorn I've been waiting for. The flip side is if you do the tet through Portugal there are a s..t load of dealers :)
How do you find the pivot pegz? Haven't considered them for previous bikes, but tempted with them for the AJP - having just bought one and some new really stiff boots!
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

I like them. They are less "grippy" then the standard ones but I dont find that to be an issue and are nice when standing as the rotate with your feet.
Kelvyn

Post by Kelvyn »

Still not got round to trying the Pivot Pegz

Return to “BIKES”