The new AJP PR7 Adventure

The Things We Ride
Trevor Twobikes

Re: The new AJP PR7 Adventure

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

Without a UK dealer I can't see them ever coming here. As PR5 owner I have to deal direct with the factory to buy spares. Even down to getting rear brake pads. It's not a big problem at the moment but could be if I have a major engine component failure. However, I expect any competent engine man could fix it. I might even have a go myself. After all it's only a 250.

Trevor
3BsBiking

Post by 3BsBiking »

There are still Uk dealers who can get parts and supply new bikes if they can arsed to import them themselves. They also carry a stock of parts. So you don’t have to deal direct with the factory but yeah they’re pretty straight forward to work on.
Biker B&B and trail riding centre in the Limousin, France.

www.3BsBiking.com
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

3BsBiking wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 pm There are still Uk dealers who can get parts and supply new bikes if they can arsed to import them themselves. They also carry a stock of parts. So you don’t have to deal direct with the factory but yeah they’re pretty straight forward to work on.
Yep, Bob's Bikes up in Deeside have a full range of AJP bits, and sensible prices really.

Engine bits can be got off eBay China, as the motor in the PR5 is a widely used model!
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

SteveR wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:17 pm Yep, Bob's Bikes up in Deeside have a full range of AJP bits, and sensible prices really.
Is this the place: Bobs Bikes. UNIT 13, Keith Hall Road AB51 3UA, Inverurie 01467 623297?

Don't have an AJP and didn't know that there's a bike shop there.

Much closer to the River Don than the Dee :lol:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

This thread was started in 2014 and I'm still not sure this bike exists.... Not sure the title is fitting any more.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Brenhden wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:41 am This thread was started in 2014 and I'm still not sure this bike exists.... Not sure the title is fitting any more.
it exists

http://www.ajpaustralia.com.au/pr7

http://motoajp.com/enduros/models-features/pr-7/

Looks good but sadly just doesn't appear to be available in europe at the moment, ironically for a portuguese machine... :cry:
bowber

Post by bowber »

Nico-D wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:32 pm it exists

http://www.ajpaustralia.com.au/pr7

http://motoajp.com/enduros/models-features/pr-7/

Looks good but sadly just doesn't appear to be available in europe at the moment, ironically for a portuguese machine... :cry:
I know, rather annoying as it looks like it could be my ideal bike, reasonable off road potential and proven motor for mile munching down back roads.
There seems to be a few in Europe though.

Steve
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Sure to be a few grey imports creeping into the UK in time. Not cheap, but then neither is the CCM!
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Apart from the fairing whats it got that the Ktm 690/Husky 701 hasn't got but with better support?, is the engine better?
I get the feeling it's a case of forbidden fruit syndrome and good looks driving interest in this bike.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

HedgeHopper wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm Apart from the fairing whats it got that the Ktm 690/Husky 701 hasn't got but with better support?, is the engine better?
I get the feeling it's a case of forbidden fruit syndrome and good looks driving interest in this bike.
P.S. just noticed the Sachs supension, that's a big minus to me, Its been a few years and perhaps things have changed, but Sachs forks were always poor, also if the can put budget suspension on a bike that relies on good suspension, it makes me wonder where else they been cost cutting

(sorry meant to edit and ended up quoting myself...doh)

Return to “BIKES”