The Suzuki DR thread.

The Things We Ride
SHarper

Re: The Suzuki DR thread.

Post by SHarper »

It ticks over beautifully now, it just won't rev.
jkay

Post by jkay »

It's a djebel same as mine
bowber

Post by bowber »

jkay wrote:Have you tried Allen's performance?
Yup, first place I tried, cmsnl have them in though so with this and a few other parts I think I've got enough to justify the stupid delivery cost.
If anyone has a small item they want ordering at the same time let me know, I'll try to order tomorrow but that all depends on how my work day goes! :huh:

Steve
bowber

Post by bowber »

Don't think there'll be another number, that one looks right. My 350s the same and I seem to remember the early ones didn't have a full vin number.

Steve
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

jkay wrote:It's a djebel same as mine
So, it's a Jezebel, does anyone think they know why it won't rev?
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Starting easily means your pilot circuit is fine, but you need to do a plug chop, Valve clearances also a must.

Once you have the plug result you can start from there , ie too rich, smaller jet, too lean, bigger jet etc etc.

The pumper circuit gives you snap acceleration, the piston often siezed in the float bowl body and can be a bastard to get out. withe the air intake rubber off you should be able to see the tiny squirt of fuel if when you operate the throttle.

Try and work on one fix at a time, it's easy to go ploughing in there and not realise what changes you have made are making the difference. It's a pain, on the TM carb, suttle changes make a big difference, keep a record on paper of what you have done.

Good luck !
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

It's difficult to do a plug chop when you can't ride it because of the problem it has, surely a stationary plug chop will just give you a sooted up electrode.
It had a 110 jet in and it didn't rev, it still doesn't with a 140 in, so I'm thinking it's unlikely to be somewhere in between.
The little piston in the float bowl seems to work properly.
I think the next thing to try is swapping the carb for one off of another DR 250 that a mate in Chesterfield has.
I'll have to see about getting the bike over to my house, it's not ideal having to travel to work on the bike in a cramped space, with shitty tools (mainly AF), that are kept in a bucket...
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

SHarper wrote:It's difficult to do a plug chop when you can't ride it because of the problem it has, surely a stationary plug chop will just give you a sooted up electrode.
It had a 110 jet in and it didn't rev, it still doesn't with a 140 in, so I'm thinking it's unlikely to be somewhere in between.
The little piston in the float bowl seems to work properly.
I think the next thing to try is swapping the carb for one off of another DR 250 that a mate in Chesterfield has.
I'll have to see about getting the bike over to my house, it's not ideal having to travel to work on the bike in a cramped space, with shitty tools (mainly AF), that are kept in a bucket...
Understand your problem now, it's really that bad, could be the CDI and not the Carb ??
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Are any diaphrams on the carb in good condition?
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Andi_Archer wrote:Are any diaphrams on the carb in good condition?
The TM doesn't have a diaphragm .....

Return to “BIKES”