The Suzuki DR thread.

The Things We Ride
Mad Hatter

Re: The Suzuki DR thread.

Post by Mad Hatter »

I've managed to give my clutch hand a bit of stick since September and the list of things hurting is starting to outweigh the list of things that don't :lol: and with the short lever I've got in the Dr its a bit painful to use the clutch for a long time.

But I did spot these in eBay the other week and thought I'd give it a punt:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202095835062

I'm guessing its just got a cam in there that sits inline and increases the force on the cable, making it lighter but probably much shorter.

I am thinking of doing a hydraulic conversion though but that will probably be very fiddly and I don't have the time or the space yet.

Anyone got a source for the dual clutch and back brake levers like the clake ones for a reasonable price?
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Answered my own question, still £290 though :shock:

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcyc ... -lever-kit
Ash Richardson

Post by Ash Richardson »

Mad Hatter wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm Answered my own question, still £290 though :shock:

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcyc ... -lever-kit
You can buy a hydraulic conversion kit that's universal but apparently they're prone to leaks at the slave cylinder, I think you know of this system already!

The cam thing you have linked to, moose racing make one. Lots of negative reviews as it makes the throw of the lever huge before the clutch disengages or the clutch won't disengage at all......

I'll put up pictures of the Zeta or ProTaper lever once fitted. They'll look out of place but hopefully improve comfort.

I bought my Clake direct from Clake, expensive! I have never seen a cheap way to get one, once a year you might catch one on eBay or a forum. I sold mine to a chum for £140 ish, I think it cost me £200 plus with import tax. Worth it for the comfort...
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

I've seen the hydraulic ones about, I was tempted just to try and find out what specs the cylinders were stroke wise and see if I can order a cylinder from somewhere out of my big book of engineering suppliers.

I've seen bad reviews for the cam things about but figured for a couple of quid I'll give it a go, its only got to do me for a little while until I either sort out something else or my hand is better.

That's actually cheaper than I thought it would be for the clake, was that just the clutch lever? Am I right in thinking they're essentially a much elongated lever where the clamp sits further down the bars or was that another design I was looking at?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

"Touche" :lol:

Image20180203_160921 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

:D there's a few colours in the "Shack" :D

Image20180202_104935 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
BobH

Post by BobH »

All this orange is not good for this thread... But hands up I have 2 :oops:
DSCF0218.JPG
DSCF0218.JPG (372.1 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
DSCF0219.JPG
DSCF0219.JPG (355.19 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
I have replaced my Luggage racks to accommodate the Kriega OS32 bags I use on the other bikes (KTM's....) so have these for sale, all in good order except the surface rust on the cross brace where the exhaust has removed the paint. The infills were bought from the US to hold Rotopax water and fuel cans, they worked very well. I have a selection of bolts that I have used with some modded spacers but it will all depend on the tail rack you use. I will let them go for 185 delivered or 175 if you pick them up. I am out of the country until the end of the month so cannot post until back but thought I would offer them to the forum before I post on Evil bay.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Yeh , back on track Bob .......look closely

Image20180216_172915 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

Not cheap and yet to try them in anger .............................StegPegz all the way from Aus

Image20180216_172906 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
Ash Richardson

Post by Ash Richardson »

Back on topic for me, I assume if I am to replace the what looks like a K&N style filter for foam I'll need a cage or do the foam filters from Hiflo come with a cage?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

You'll need a cage , its a long shot but if you can't get one in the UK i could probably get one for you here
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Ash Richardson wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm Back on topic for me, I assume if I am to replace the what looks like a K&N style filter for foam I'll need a cage or do the foam filters from Hiflo come with a cage?
I have a genuine Suzuki filter and cage that I would sell.
one-legged adventurer

Return to “BIKES”