S10 ???

The Things We Ride
Bigtim

Re: S10 ???

Post by Bigtim »

Had mine for nearly 3 years, no problems, no issues best bike I've ever owned. Will only get rid of it when I can afford to buy a new one.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Had mine a year and a half now, swapped from a 1200gs, very understated and over looked, the more you use it the more you realise what a bloody good real world tool it is, won't be swapping mine any time soon and certainly not back to a BMW.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
londonwelsh

Post by londonwelsh »

(thumbs) Had mine a year and a bit - it is bloody big and heavy but remarkably nimble and so easy to ride. Two up fully loaded is no hassle and all day comfortable. Issues? - had it flashed - WOW!, good before even better now [ not sure the '14 will need it]; headlamp harness failed [ one side] replaced under recall. Oil level can be a bugger to check, worth noting the 'oil light' is a level not pressure light. Off road is doable even with my limited skills but limited by oem tyres [ 80/20 road bias]. brakes are great as is ABS and traction control on rare occasions it,s called upon. oh, throttle cable sometimes annoying as partially obscures view of clocks. Don't buy Yamaha panniers as locks are plasticine. Don't see many about- sometimes confused with the Triumph Explorer [Lovely engine even less off road ability - dealer pissed off when I brought demo back muddy!]. Just loving the Tenere AND big + - it's not a BMW so reliable.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Slightly different viewpoint, if you've had a S10, what did you replace it with, including another one?

TVMIA (thumbs)
Flymo308

Post by Flymo308 »

Go for it mate had mine a year now 6000 happy miles good on fuel easy to ride just had some wind buffeting put a spoiler on the screen all good. Let us know what you decide. ;)
Attachments
20140604_104006.jpg
20140604_104006.jpg (89.14 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Not looking to change for about a year, but interesting to see what options there are, and what people go from to.
spasm

Post by spasm »

i sleep with mine, thats how good she is
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
macdee

Post by macdee »

[quote="londonwelsh"
had it flashed - WOW!, [/quote]
hi a friend has one can you tell me what exactly you mean by had it flashed
londonwelsh

Post by londonwelsh »

B) don't profess to understand the intricacies of it all but basically the ECU mapping can be altered ,in this case to give a more responsive 2nd and3rd gear over a wider rev range, I suspect the '14 model has it already. Was done by ECUunleashed in Gt Dunmow. Worth a search for a better explanation than mine.
macdee

Post by macdee »

londonwelsh wrote:B) don't profess to understand the intricacies of it all but basically the ECU mapping can be altered ,in this case to give a more responsive 2nd and3rd gear over a wider rev range, I suspect the '14 model has it already. Was done by ECUunleashed in Gt Dunmow. Worth a search for a better explanation than mine.
thanks i thought it might have been a little mod which would have removed some sort of restricter
i think hes had it to the dyno so probably has it sorted already
thanks again

Return to “BIKES”