Suzuki DR350 help please

The Things We Ride
Babbs

Suzuki DR350 help please

Post by Babbs »

There seems to be at least a half dozen or so of us on here with the DR350 donkey.

Does anyone know where I can get a front rack (sits above the headlight), preferably with a built in headlight guard? I've tried 'ManRacks'...no joy :S but haven't been able to find anything else.

A simple google search, lets me know that they are out there, but yet to find a working link!

Secondly, would anyone (DR350 owners that is) else be interested in putting in for a joint purchase if it'll help bring down the cost?

Just a thought!

Cheers

Babbs (thumbs) :laugh:
Redmurty

Re: Suzuki DR350 help please

Post by Redmurty »

You beat me to it, I was going to PM you about the same thing I have just been looking at the Zenoverland site and am going to speak to Gabe about making some. I have also asked a couple of engineers I know locally and they asked about numbers.

I am looking for a pannier frame as well as front frame, I want to start doing some mileage on the old thing

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Count me in please.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I've left a message with Gabe at Zenoverland I will chase up a couple of other contacts I know

cheers Spud ;)

Babbs

Post by Babbs »

Redmurty wrote:You beat me to it, I was going to PM you about the same thing I have just been looking at the Zenoverland site and am going to speak to Gabe about making some. I have also asked a couple of engineers I know locally and they asked about numbers.

I am looking for a pannier frame as well as front frame, I want to start doing some mileage on the old thing

cheers Spud ;)
Great minds...and all that blah..... :woohoo:

Disc will be in the post later today!
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Found a local company that will make up anything, all they need is an idea and numbers and will cost for us

cheers Spud ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-HL500- ... 20e46befeb

this is the type of work they do...

cheers Spud ;)

MikeA

Post by MikeA »

You could show a fabricator this pic for them to work with. Itโ€™s a Riky Cross brand, but theyโ€™re not making them at the mo.

Or it might be worth contacting Riky Cross themselves. Maybe they would jig up a few more if given enough orders. Second hand ones are rare, but Iโ€™ve seen them come up on fleabay.

No pics of mine on the bike, but it looks like the one here.
RikyCrossFrontRack.jpg
RikyCrossFrontRack.jpg (28.11 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Hereโ€™s another pic of one I knocked up for another of my DRโ€™s.

IMG_0216-Version2.JPG
IMG_0216-Version2.JPG (75.74 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Took about an hour. I welded a few chain links on to hold bungee hooks. Not pretty, but works well.
1190 Adventure R

A garage full of DR350's

"Is the fuel tap on?"
Elle

Post by Elle »

Gabe has a good reputation & has built many custom luggage systems.

I came across Vern on the UKGSer forum - he makes custom aluminum panniers and racks. I went to see him last year regarding my DR but then bought a trailer so didn't need them. He has an excellent workshop & probably doesn't have the overheads that Gabe may have as he's just a 1 man band, working & living in his garage :)

Project VND
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Babbs

Post by Babbs »

I'm in. I currently use a standard screen so as long as it fits around that, and includes a mesh light guard...perfect!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Elle wrote:I went to see him last year regarding my DR but then bought a trailer so didn't need them.
You run a trailer behind a DR? Can we have a picture please?
Babbs wrote:I'm in. I currently use a standard screen so as long as it fits around that, and includes a mesh light guard...perfect!
I was about to build a screen for my DR, but if a front luggage rack is coming I will hold off and build one onto it :) I think this front luggage rack would be a great place to mount a Camelpack. Do you think it would reduce my heat and cool the drink?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช

Return to โ€œBIKESโ€