CCM test ride reports -

The Things We Ride
Steve T

Re: CCM test ride reports -

Post by Steve T »

Cracking write up Steve. Sounds like everything your hoping it would be (thumbs)

I'm sure that when you get yer mitts on your own machine, you'll have a grin that'll not stop for many, many days / weeks / months (thumbs)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Cheers Steve a good spread of roads and trails to test it out there. Glad it hasn't disapointed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

(thumbs) Thanks for the for your ride report Minky,great photo's and a balanced view of the bike, I guess that a few of the niggles will be sorted when they go into full production, for example the vibes through the pegs !.
I'm looking forward to getting mine, any news yet about when they start production ?
oldroadrider

Post by oldroadrider »

Thanks for that Steve ..seems on the outside that you booked a winner ? .
All bikes have compromises and things that could be improved .. That's why we fit Farcles isn't it
Lets see some rollin off the CCM production line now ..
The rest will hopefully be history .. B) (thumbs)
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Whippet wrote:(thumbs) Thanks for the for your ride report Minky,great photo's and a balanced view of the bike, I guess that a few of the niggles will be sorted when they go into full production, for example the vibes through the pegs !.
I'm looking forward to getting mine, any news yet about when they start production ?

apparantly they are waiting for the germans to finish homaglation ...most things have passed ok ...the last they were told there was a delay due to snow for brake testing on their pad

t
hopfully soon ..ive got a ferry booked ..i really didnt want to hand the keys back ..but there you go :( (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
gwb364

Post by gwb364 »

i emailed CCM, within hours a lady replied, then her manager followed it up an hour or so later. I found them very helpful.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Nice to see some realistic test ride reports judging the bike on it merits, looking at both pro's and cons, and making comparisons to it's competitors.

Only a few months ago it was the adventure biking utopia we'd all been waiting for that was going revolutionise the adventure bike market, in a class of its own, even though nobody had ridden it yet. It seems to be getting lifted down of its pedestal, new toy syndrome is fading, and some reality is forming around it. It is just a motorbike after all!

(thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

Any news on the likely insurance grouping?

F650GS twin is group 8, Tenere is group 10, KTM 690 Enduro, F800GS and CCM 604/644 are all group 11
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

I read that delivery is now late july, is that the first ones or if you order now ?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

oldroadrider wrote:Thanks for that Steve ..seems on the outside that you booked a winner ? .
All bikes have compromises and things that could be improved .. That's why we fit Farcles isn't it
Lets see some rollin off the CCM production line now ..
The rest will hopefully be history .. B) (thumbs)
hi will ..yes its a comprimise but sacrificing 10 or 15 mph on a motorway for a hour or two its offset five times over as soon as you hit the b roads and trails

...for me a bigger bike has absalutley no advantage over it in the type of places i want to ride ..and in the point and squirt twisty roads you will have to work real hard to get past it ..once you get into it it really does rip
but its nimmble planted and absalutley stable and pinpoint accurate in the corners .... its really involving and a load of fun
B) ...he he :evil:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”