Wrecks, money pits and bikes you'll never part with

The Things We Ride
bunker

Wrecks, money pits and bikes you'll never part with

Post by bunker »

Had a fantastic night at my mates wedding last night - he's married a wonderful Welsh girl (Scots+Welsh=muchos beer :sick: ) and it was great to see my old pals again.

As the talk inevitably turned to bikes, one of my mates STILL has his A reg ('86?) GPz750 turbo, well actually he has 3 of them, amongst his horde. He has spend the debt of a small country on this old bus over the years and he will never part with it as it means more to him than the money he's shelled out on it. It was then that i realised my my old ZZR was the same (actually it was when another mate said it was worth f** k all :P ).

This conversation obviously took place away from the assembled wives.

So, what have you got in the garage in the way of wrecks, money pits and machines you'll never be parted with?

:laugh:
Triumph Tiger 885
OB1

Re: Wrecks, money pits and bikes you'll never part with

Post by OB1 »

This was the money pit: £1,200 when bought as a "project - 95% all there - just needs assembly" :pinch:

The tank was wrong and needed replacing... so was the seat... and the forks... one of the wheels was rotten beyond repair... most of the engine was shot... and on and on it went... £4,300 later and it was on the road! :huh: Had to sell it to try and recoup the cost. It eventually sold to a guy who was born on the same day as me :woohoo: for £2,500 :pinch: :whistle:

Currently looking for a new project! :woohoo: :woohoo:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

How about this OB1.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

OB1

Post by OB1 »

That'll be a bit out of my price range now! :blink:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
dusz

Post by dusz »

Hi OB1
If you want to use your time in a creative manner you could always come up to my place to work on one of mine. I have two, one is another CX 500 Custom with a siezed engine the other an A10 Golden Flash. Plenty of tea provided!!!
OB1

Post by OB1 »

dusz wrote:Hi OB1
If you want to use your time in a creative manner you could always come up to my place to work on one of mine. I have two, one is another CX 500 Custom with a siezed engine the other an A10 Golden Flash. Plenty of tea provided!!!
The CX sounds like fun (I went to Portugal on one in 1997) but I think the BSA would do me nicely... go well with the B31 that needs a new frame... and wheels... oh, and a tank... and seat - the engine's fine though! ;)
justrtw.com
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Heres one ive had for 15 odd years just waiting for a rainy day or 40!

4004_2011-04-11.JPG
4004_2011-04-11.JPG (88.06 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
When I checked on it last year I need a chain saw to move it :( :(

And heres one I was never going to part with but a couple of years ago funds where short for a trip!

MG 010.jpg
MG 010.jpg (84.79 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
Regret :( :(
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

900Fantrider wrote:Heres one ive had for 15 odd years just waiting for a rainy day or 40!

4004_2011-04-11.JPG
When I checked on it last year I need a chain saw to move it :( :(

And heres one I was never going to part with but a couple of years ago funds where short for a trip!

MG 010.jpg
Regret :( :(
Ahhh the Old Yamaha DT, i had one of those, that one pictured looked an absolute cracker in mint condition, im sorry you dont have it anymore
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Yeah it was a cracker, It was a rare 125 which I picked up in Swizerland with 1600 km on the clock! Had to rebuild the engine as the crank seals had gone hard but apart from that it was A1 :( :(
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

A little bit off track as it didn't cost a fortune, wasn't a money pit and isn't an adventure bike but boy do I wish I still had it :(
TL1000SX_side.jpg
TL1000SX_side.jpg (62.33 KiB) Viewed 2489 times

Return to “BIKES”