motorcycle.jpg
motorcycle.jpg (37.36 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
BigBashBonanza

Re: Brand

Post by BigBashBonanza »

Very true Spud. The Botherhood of two wheels (thumbs)
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

BigBashBonanza wrote:Very true Spud. The Botherhood of two wheels (thumbs)
There used to be but I'm not so sure these days, or am just getting old and grumpy :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
BigBashBonanza

Post by BigBashBonanza »

There are few out there who don't nod, wave or acknowledge but I'd say mostly bikers are on the same wavelength. Where they be a posh twat or someone who's had nothing in life, the bikes they ride will ensure they have something in common and something to chat about.
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Pretty much most of the bikers I meet are great people... and it never ceases to amaze me when you are stranded by a roadside how many bikers, even when they are in their cars will stop and ask if you are ok...thanks guys and gals (thumbs)

I used to program people's pacemakers (still do a bit) and had the priveledge of working with some lovely old gents who had the most amazing stories of when they used to ride! One of the chaps told me a fantastic accident story that still makes people wince!!!! :blink:
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

You don't get bikers and scooter riders fighting on the beaches anymore.... possibly because we're all too old for that malarkey now.
At Weston Bike Park on the sea front, you get old 60's scooters ridden by middle aged mods in Parka's, and they mix with us bikers with no animosity whatsoever.
Can you imagine that happening back in the 60's & 70's.
Chewy750

Post by Chewy750 »

recently booked a B&B in France for a trip, when I asked about sending a deposit the answer was, you're bikers, we don't have any problems with bikers and as such no need for a deposit, don't know me from Adam, but there you go! A great example of what we (as bikers) can promote@
Maljones

Post by Maljones »

Very true it's not the brand it's the motorcycle. But like everything there will always be factions and "classes" within the motorcycling community (or any other). Acceptance of who has what and does their thing with it sometimes doesn't seem to be acceptable to others. Shows even with the same basic interest we are all individuals with opinions and a different outlook. Shame some use those opinions to belittle others who do the best they can with what they have ( probably paid for in full :) ) luckily we are all using a very accepting forum!! :)
bimota

Post by bimota »

YEP,
you do get fed up with nodding waving at on coming bikes and not getting a reply,
that never use to happen.
i stopped on the m4 near swansea about a month ago a guy broke down in hard shoulder lucky for him it was fuel, so i rode off found a filling station bought him a container filled it with fuel cost £14 when i got back to him he only had a £10.
so i went out of my way for 30 minutes and it cost me £4. never mind i,ll still keep on stopping.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Zookman wrote:You don't get bikers and scooter riders fighting on the beaches anymore.... possibly because we're all too old for that malarkey now.
At Weston Bike Park on the sea front, you get old 60's scooters ridden by middle aged mods in Parka's, and they mix with us bikers with no animosity whatsoever.
Can you imagine that happening back in the 60's & 70's.
Those random acts of violence always brightened the weekend up :)

Towards the end of the '70s the local skinheads knew that if they walked past either the biker pub or the scooter pub and kicked a few bikes over it'd be less than an hour before both groups were kicking lumps out of each other and they could sit watching knowing that they'd caused a riot and not had to actually get involved. The problem was that we fell for it every time :pinch:

Return to “BIKES”