Flat-Tracker, Street-Scrambler, Custom-Bobber. Why Retro is the future (for adventure biking).

The Things We Ride
herman

Re: Flat-Tracker, Street-Scrambler, Custom-Bobber. Why Retro is the future (for adventure biking).

Post by herman »

Funny those Viragos should pop up we were chatting about the amount of work and skill that had gone into them recently. Remember the Yam TR1? half way there? This is Clive's XBR, a real home grown project Image
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Freeloadeur

Re: Flat-Tracker, Street-Scrambler, Custom-Bobber. Why Retro is the future (for adventure biking).

Post by Freeloadeur »

Sprockette, I'm totally with you in the fi thing, it's been round long enough to have produced itself hundreds of times over. I love the thought of going to a primary school to get your Raspberry Pi based ECU replaced.

It's not thing like trick suspension or ABS or traction control. Things where you have an electronic/mechanical interface particularly when the on board computer refuses to let you go on. It's Claudio's GS in Mongolia, crippled after the ABS wasdamaged while welding.

Mind you it's also an excuse for nice pictures.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Here are a couple of photos I took when the rider/builder kindly stopped to offer assistance to repair a broken down motorcycle on Long Hill, Whaley Bridge, the other day. He has called his unique hand built bike (which is more a work of art) a Métis, from a description of a mixed race of North American Indians.

I hope you like because the photos do not do this machine justice.

TTFN

Hugh.

PS thanks again for stopping.
IMG_20210908_141342.jpg
IMG_20210908_141342.jpg (280.53 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
IMG_20210908_141332.jpg
IMG_20210908_141332.jpg (304.11 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Blimey...what's the engine?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Richard,

I think that the engine might have been an Indian with a belt drive but I do not know for certain. I was just so spell bound by the finish and I could not hear the chap's voice clearly. I shall definitely look out for it around the Stockport and Whaley Bridge areas.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “BIKES”