Well love...you see....err....

The Things We Ride
Lancastermick

Well love...you see....err....

Post by Lancastermick »

Right gents, get you're silver tongued car salesman heads on...I might need some help. :whistle:

Tommorrow I'm off to look at an 800gs...the price is higher than I really wanted to stretch to...but it's manageable. I'm gonna trade in the 650 before I totally destroy it in the mountains and really start farkling up the 800 until it's Mick proof. ;)

The problem is....how do I tell the wife? :pinch:

answers on a postcard please..... :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
scouse

Re: Well love...you see....err....

Post by scouse »

Lancastermick wrote:Right gents, get you're silver tongued car salesman heads on...I might need some help. :whistle:

Tommorrow I'm off to look at an 800gs...the price is higher than I really wanted to stretch to...but it's manageable. I'm gonna trade in the 650 before I totally destroy it in the mountains and really start farkling up the 800 until it's Mick proof. ;)

You need one like my other half ... tonights conversation shortly after entering the house..."Is there tea in the pot?" "Yes, and you need to check out your insurance..." "yes dear " says I or words to that effect... "I've been thinking the only way I can get rid of the Speed Triple is to trade it in on an 800GS at Piddies" says she "What about the 650?" says I... "Oh I want to keep that as well... we can make it the joint spare bike"

Good girl is Jules, no wonder most of my mates are jealous :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

scouse wrote:
Lancastermick wrote:Right gents, get you're silver tongued car salesman heads on...I might need some help. :whistle:

You need one like my other half ... tonights conversation shortly after entering the house..."Is there tea in the pot?" "Yes, and you need to check out your insurance..." "yes dear " says I or words to that effect... "I've been thinking the only way I can get rid of the Speed Triple is to trade it in on an 800GS at Piddies" says she "What about the 650?" says I... "Oh I want to keep that as well... we can make it the joint spare bike"

Good girl is Jules, no wonder most of my mates are jealous :D
No wonder! You lucky shit! :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Tell her you only have six months to live and it's your life long dream to own an 800GS! After six months, she'll just be glad you're alive! :)
OB1

Post by OB1 »

As my friend Swiss Tony says; "Convincing a beautiful woman is like... erm, making love to a beautiful woman..." :pinch: Bugger... that didn't work... no wonder I'm single! :woohoo:

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Ummm Firstly what a great predicament to be in, it's exciting isn't it?
Secondly Er in doors, I have given a great deal of thought to this and I keep coming back to my default position... Lie!
Lie like your life and country depend on it, get your self into the lying bastaaard mode and do not falter, tell her it's the law, tell her the 6 1/2 is just about to cost you at least a grand more than the 800 will cost so it works out as great value; or lie about the price,
if your teeth are all your own LIE through them.
Your mission Mick is to get the new bike at all costs, remember the GS needs you.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

mark1150 wrote:Ummm Firstly what a great predicament to be in, it's exciting isn't it?
Secondly Er in doors, I have given a great deal of thought to this and I keep coming back to my default position... Lie!
Lie like your life and country depend on it, get your self into the lying bastaaard mode and do not falter, tell her it's the law, tell her the 6 1/2 is just about to cost you at least a grand more than the 800 will cost so it works out as great value; or lie about the price,
Your mission Mick is to get the new bike at all costs, remember the GS needs you.
Mark my friend, I believe you may have uncovered my plan. :)

Hey! Could somebody write a thread explaining how BMW are paying over the odds for old f650's so that they can bring in the 800 to take its place. Maybe also mention the REALLY great deals that BMW are giving on the 800. I'll show it my missus and tell her that I'm a victim of corporate business! :whistle: :)
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Buy one the same colour and just sneak it in to the garage like nothing has happened ;)
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

mark1150 wrote:Ummm Firstly what a great predicament to be in, it's exciting isn't it?
Lie like .... & I can't believe that I am even typing this ... lie like a politician ?? :pinch:
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

I can't help, as I've no experience with a lady who doesn't understand the need to upgrade or invest in new metal. Having passed our direct access one year apart I rode a DL650 and Lizzie a BM GS650 single. We both loved the bikes but I wanted more, in part fed by riding with the big boys from work. So the was plan hatched we would buy an Aprilia Dorsoduro 750. I would ride the 'hardback' when out with the boys and when we were out together I would ride the Vstrom and she the Apriia.
Like a first lover we couldn't be parted from the first two bikes and we also had an XR125, that I use to commute to and from work and the two XT600e for future African adventures. So two new bike would have been a bit much.
So we did the deal and shiny red Dorsoduro was added to the stable. Anyway it wasn't long before she noticed that when we went out, she on the Italian stallion and I on my mid sized Japanese steed it wasn't doing it for me. So the big hearted lady offered to sell her BM to help raise the cash (along with chopping in the WeeStrom) to feed the green eyed monster and bring a brighter future in the form of a SMR950. So I can't comprehend a woman who doesn't understand the urge for something new but best of luck with 'her indoors' from a very happy man.
Or I will be when the XR125 is back together having had the frame powder coated (the frame currently sits pride of place in the front room waiting for some spannering) and when the two new exhausts arrive from Quill for the XT's. I hope in time for the boil rally.
But I'm still envious can't decide if I would swap for the F800GS or the new Tiger, though the price of fuel might swing it in favour of the BM.
A mate of mine used to hide new climbing kit under the sofa though I doubt a F800GS would fit.
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.

Return to “BIKES”