The Perfect Line Up

The Things We Ride
Orlando_Orange

Re: The Perfect Line Up

Post by Orlando_Orange »

Lairyskippy wrote: Bike 3 - Honda Africa Twin (space in the garage) for posing around on in full Dakar Racing colours etc etc......still has to be THE SECOND coolest looking desert racer styled bike ever!
<sigh> i've been trying to ignore all the AT love that's going on but just have to comment now.... Lairy i have edited your quote above for accuracy

see below, courtesy of rallye-tenere.net

B)
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
flyinwalrus

Post by flyinwalrus »

touche' orlando orange!!:lol:
I can live more in 5 minutes on this motorcycle,than some people can live all their lives!
backofbeyond

Post by backofbeyond »

Well, as they say, different strokes for different folks and there seems to be quite a bit of variation in everyone's fantasy threesome. Here's mine: (this week anyway)

1. Straight out of my garage - Honda CBX6. A real 70's/80's dinosaur but great on sunny days when you just want to enjoy trundling around. And the sound of the engine - :woohoo: :woohoo: .

2. My overlanding bike. CCM 600 - not everyone's choice (to say the least :laugh: ) but just my little joke on the idea of the road less travelled. How many times have I heard the joke "if you want to get there, buy a CCM. If you you want to get back again buy a Yamaha" (original version used Land Rover and TLC). Went to look at it yesterday and found the carb leaking petrol all over the garage floor so maybe there's some truth in it :angry:

3. Honda CRM250. Been trying to scrape the money together to buy one of these for a few years. Nothing beats the stink of 2smoke clinging to your clothes to convince you it's been a good day's riding (or to convince my wife she took a wrong turn in life somewhere :lol: ). I know a DRZ would be a far better choice but I have this fantasy about doing another trip down to West Africa on a CRM even though I know I'd have to tow a bowser like the one in Sprockette's picture for all the 2T oil. Just got to sell my XR600 to finance it. Anyone want to buy an XR600? :whistle:

The ups and downs of 40 years on two wheels

www.pisquicktours.co.uk

Do the best you can, then try to live it down.

CCM604 Honda XR600 Honda CBX1000

Honda 400/4 Yamaha XS2 650 Kawasaki H1 500

Lotus Elan, Land Rover Discovery
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

I was talking about this the other day with a friend. My if I won the lottery garage would be:

1-Triumph street triple, just because they are fantastic fun

2-1150gs, always wanted one, the bike that got me into motorbikes

3-sunbeam S7, nothing like a classic brit bike

4-My 650gs twin, great all round day to day bike! :)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I've got a 15 year old BMW K1100RS for fast touring where motorways are likely to be involved, a 2 year old Tenere for winter trips plus the occasional rip up off road and a 5 year old Kawasaki ZX10R for when I want to act the idiot.

I suppose I should sell the Kawasaki because I don't really use it enough to justify keeping it but it's a C2 model that really is a beast to ride fast and it's been race prepped to the point of being barely legal so it's there for when I want to let off steam.

The BMW is just a competent tourer and I've got a full set of hard luggage for it so it's ideal for weekend trips to European races.

The Tenere is probably the bike I'd keep if I could only have one but only because I have a habit of going to places like Norway in winter or the Elefant rally where snow is pretty likely.

I used to have an old K100 outfit for winter trips but decided that it took up too much space at home when it wasn't being used.
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

If funds allowed ...

I like the idea of a mental sports bike and this one wins for crazy looks as well as performance ...
KTM RC8R

For all round go-anywhere anytime ability ...
KTM990 Adventure

Because I'd love a light and capable proper offroader (problem is I don't know the first thing about proper off roading) ...
Husaberg TE250

Is suppose the bike that actually do I own (the middle one) looks and rides like the bastard love child of the other two! :huh:
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Orlando_Orange wrote:
Lairyskippy wrote: Bike 3 - Honda Africa Twin (space in the garage) for posing around on in full Dakar Racing colours etc etc......still has to be THE SECOND coolest looking desert racer styled bike ever!
<sigh> i've been trying to ignore all the AT love that's going on but just have to comment now.... Lairy i have edited your quote above for accuracy

B)

.......OOOOOOHHHHHHH, now you've given me a dilema? I could definately ride that!!! :P
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Lairyskippy wrote:
Orlando_Orange wrote:

B)

.......OOOOOOHHHHHHH, now you've given me a dilema? I could definately ride that!!! :P
That is one sweeeet ride, so that'll go into the fantasy garage, to sit along side my 1150 GS, Vyrus, and MV and WR.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Fantasy garage

BMW HP2

Norton 961 Cafe Racer (in black & gold)

MV Agusta F4

Thats tonights choice but the list of bikes I like is endless because I can see something good in all of them from commuter to racer :)
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Alphadog43 wrote:Fantasy garage

BMW HP2

Norton 961 Cafe Racer (in black & gold)

MV Agusta F4

Thats tonights choice but the list of bikes I like is endless because I can see something good in all of them from commuter to racer :)
HP2, how could I forget? so that's added in.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “BIKES”