There are bikes, and then there are bikes,,, and then there are BIKES!

The Things We Ride
johnnyboxer

Re: There are bikes, and then there are bikes,,, and then there are BIKES!

Post by johnnyboxer »

africajim wrote:I see, I can highlight the old 60BHP Africa Twin isn't the same power as my 130BHP Crosstourer, but riding either bike can make me smile, which is why I own them, but because the BMW can't?

Go back under your bridge troll. ;)
No trolling

You mentioned AT and G650GS, in comparison to each and the BMW single not being as good as your AT today, no torque etc

Go back and re-read what you've written

The F/G650GS has never been known for it's grunt as all the power is aimed at the mid to top end, to give it a decent turn of speed, for a single and to smooth out the single related vibes

I never mentioned the CT

Before you start throwing the trolling insults around :laugh:

However it's about what you ride, whatever suits you

Personally, when I had an AT, I thought it was a slug

Looking forward to see what Honda do with it for 2014
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I completely understand where you're coming from Jim, some bikes make you smile, others that should just don't.
Loving my funduro, although it could do with a diet, I barely reach the ground & the fuel bill is painful commuting daily.
Had to make a journey on the little VanVan today (service prep for some fun in Wales next weekend) just over 100 mile trip & had me grinning for most of it
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Elle

Post by Elle »

If it's the red, white, blue Africa Twin, that's a good enough reason to keep it - they're very pretty :blush:

Recently read MCN's "Hard Alpi Tour" which included a review of the BMW F800GS Adv, KTM 1190 and Yamaha XT660Z Tenere Touring - overall, they voted for the Tenere.
Any of those take your fancy?
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

Elle wrote:If it's the red, white, blue Africa Twin, that's a good enough reason to keep it - they're very pretty :blush:

Recently read MCN's "Hard Alpi Tour" which included a review of the BMW F800GS Adv, KTM 1190 and Yamaha XT660Z Tenere Touring - overall, they voted for the Tenere.
Any of those take your fancy?

Have to agree Elle, the R/W/B Africa Twin is a very sexy machine...

IMG_1935_2013-10-13.JPG
IMG_1935_2013-10-13.JPG (45.81 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
IMG_1945_2013-10-13.JPG
IMG_1945_2013-10-13.JPG (60.01 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
piguglyshandydrinker

Re: Re: There are bikes, and then there are bikes,,, and then there are BIKES!

Post by piguglyshandydrinker »

johnnyboxer wrote:Load of old bollox, how can you compare a VTwin 60HP+ 750cc bike, against a 652cc 48HP Single Bike

Totally different in terms of engine charactristics and as for chassis as Dubber says totally different again

No contest

You really must have the beer goggles on tonight :dry:
Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Bollox...

You can compare bikes from different era's, of different capacities & engine format.

If a bike makes you smile or makes you whince, does it matter what capacity, brand or age it is........

My old 400/4 was a joy to ride, a 1200 gsa was a dull barge!
Transalp is a wonderfull allrounder unlike the much newer, more powerful XCountry!

It's about what we enjoy, what makes us smile, what makes us tick :);)

Phil
johnnyboxer

There are bikes, and then there are bikes,,, and then there are BIKES!

Post by johnnyboxer »

piguglyshandydrinker wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:Load of old bollox, how can you compare a VTwin 60HP+ 750cc bike, against a 652cc 48HP Single Bike

Totally different in terms of engine charactristics and as for chassis as Dubber says totally different again

No contest

Bollox...

You can compare bikes from different era's, of different capacities & engine format.

If a bike makes you smile or makes you whince, does it matter what capacity, brand or age it is........

Transalp is a wonderfull allrounder unlike the much newer, more powerful XCountry!

Phil
Nice to see you've jumped in from the XRV forum :)

I was only saying that the 650 single is a completely different ride in terms of chassis,weight & engine configuration to the AT, so no wonder Jim found it dull - especially as his wife's bike is a lowered version too if he's a tall bloke

Both the AT & BMW 650 are great bikes in their own right, but everyone sees each differently so choice & opinion is good
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Lord Vader

Re: Re: There are bikes, and then there are bikes,,, and then there are BIKES!

Post by Lord Vader »

piguglyshandydrinker wrote:

No contest

Bollox...

Phil
you calling my little panzer a "dull barge"?
How very dare you. More likely like the titanic,especially trying to slow her down from 000mph fully packed 2up
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time

Return to “BIKES”