Sidecar Adventure Bikes . . . special interest group?

The Things We Ride
RoadTrekker

Re: Sidecar Adventure Bikes . . . special interest group?

Post by RoadTrekker »

this is the ultimate touring rig, pushbikes are incase of breakdown which will be a cert!!!

RoadTrekker

Post by RoadTrekker »

this is the ultimate touring rig, pushbikes are incase of breakdown which will be a cert!!!
ural_trebon.jpg
ural_trebon.jpg (68.2 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
RoadTrekker

Post by RoadTrekker »

Still Gotta Pulse

Post by Still Gotta Pulse »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
RoadTrekker wrote:I have been looking into buying an old Kneper as well as they are cheap out here in Czech Republic but they need a lot of work on them, but would make an interesting long term project and for some short country ride in.
Looking at Youtube I reckon you're in Cossack* heaven in the Czech Republic :)

I've added all four vids as they're amazing - I must add the República Checa to my 'Must do' list. But for nw a warning - if you watch all of these vids you're going to have to buy a sidecar!
Cheers for posting these. ;)
I have been looking at many vids on YT about these rigs over the year and every time I have finished I tell myself one day I'll have one. I hope that day isn't too far away, even if it means buying dirt cheap as a project. In fact I'd prefer to have a project.

I saw a recent vid with a guy doing doughnuts with his combo...cracked me up it did! :laugh:
moto al

Post by moto al »

like a lot of motorcycling the gb is at least 10 jarre behind the the rest of the eu.maybe we will catch up some time? . & look out the box. eg alloy panniers, adventure bikes,tank bags,good waterproof gear.the list go,s on. oh and gespannes .
tomten-kor-gs-2251_2012-12-21.jpg
tomten-kor-gs-2251_2012-12-21.jpg (63.67 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
merry christmas lads sorry humbug moto al sit safe
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

some more sidecars
db_Gespann1011.jpg
db_Gespann1011.jpg (66.89 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
sternbmwr1200gs2009achsschenkel11.jpg
sternbmwr1200gs2009achsschenkel11.jpg (155.05 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
katalog-2013-titel1.jpg
katalog-2013-titel1.jpg (128.4 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
bg131_2012-12-22.jpg
bg131_2012-12-22.jpg (175 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
moto al
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

I want one now, much smarter and more practical than a trike.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
Brandywell

Post by Brandywell »

V_King wrote:the only real use of the sidecar bikes I see going to the rallies, with a sidecar loaded with booze. really for the sake of stupidness.

I don't understand the attraction to them - handling is tricky, cornering is no fun, get stuck behind cars, etc.

had been stuck behind a group of german sidecar riders (or drivers) in mountains in Spain, who did not let me through and tried to show off their riding skills, which were not that great, just kept everyone held up behind them :S
I agree.

I borrowed one of thse for a few months and it was the worst bike I ever rode. Not only that, the technology was 50 years out of date and as far as I know, the Russians copied it from old German tech.

The Germans make tidy looking outfits as shown, but outfits have none of the advantages of a bike, and none of the advantages of a car.

You know what they say "I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy".
sandi

Post by sandi »

this talk of banning thigs of the road cos they hold things up i.e. caravans, side cars etc maybe we should ban lorries cos they spend miles in overtaking,or slow cars or ...anything one can think of ...but oh yes they all pay their road tax, and occasionally I see motorbikes doing 'the wrong thing on the road'.We should as a 'nich' group be kind and curtious to our fellow road users.There my bits done. Oh nearly forgot I tow a van ,I ride a bike and I drive a large car.
Scanlan

Post by Scanlan »

My first post and it's about sidecars! I have had them for about 25 years now - all on the road but would love to build a KTM/GS type thing. I am just waiting on my new Merlin being finished.Keep the vids coming please.

Return to “BIKES”