CCM 644

The Things We Ride
Phil

Re: CCM 644

Post by Phil »

even though ive only ridden my 644 once, i thought the seat was naff.

i want it wider....more comfort....but its the profile i don't like. You just slip into the low spot on the seat, and you feel too close to the head stock....with knees at a tight angle.

thinking of getting mine done more or less as a plank seat, i can afford it to be higher as i'm tall enough. either that or have it so the low spot is a bit further away from the tank?
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Bart1 wrote:
picos mestizo wrote:
dr650clutch.gif
dr650clutch.gif (108.72 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Have been thinking about buying one of these as a travel bike but the lack of cush drive is putting me off. Is it possible to fit a cush drive in the 644, is that a wheel wit a cush rive in the photo.

Thanks for any info.
It's an SP370 cush drive wheel with Drum brake.

I'm pretty certain the 644 engine has a sprung shock absorber in the clutch drum.

[attachment=-1]dr650clutch.gif[/attachment]
You can see it here in part 1.
6 springs in the basket separating it from the hub.
Attachments
dr650clutch.gif
dr650clutch.gif (108.72 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Thanks for that, I will look onto this a bit more. It was just the 5th gear issues that caught my attention. Would a DR650 or Freewind rear wheel fit ?
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Bart1 wrote:Thanks for that, I will look onto this a bit more. It was just the 5th gear issues that caught my attention. Would a DR650 or Freewind rear wheel fit ?
Don't think it would fit without modification.
Spindle size & spacers are likely to be different.
Lightness is everything.

picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Phil wrote:even though ive only ridden my 644 once, i thought the seat was naff.

i want it wider....more comfort....but its the profile i don't like. You just slip into the low spot on the seat, and you feel too close to the head stock....with knees at a tight angle.

thinking of getting mine done more or less as a plank seat, i can afford it to be higher as i'm tall enough. either that or have it so the low spot is a bit further away from the tank?
Know what you mean. It's set up more for Super Moto riding style, weight forward, legg out, opposite lock corners.
Lightness is everything.

Return to “BIKES”