Triumph 800XC would you buy one ?

The Things We Ride
LargeWayRound

Re: Triumph 800XC would you buy one ?

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hi Fiona

Thanks , see you there then , might take Jenifer along.:)
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

I have only asked for heated grips as an extra on the XC that I have ordered - because I can't fit them myself and because they cost around £150 to fit on top of the purchase price!

jesus id do it for twelve cans of stella :lol: :lol:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
OB1

Post by OB1 »

minkyhead wrote:jesus id do it for twelve cans of stella :lol: :lol:
But does that include a Triumph guarantee and void the warranty? :blink: :laugh:

If you order the extras, they'll fit them for free when the PDI it.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Selous

Post by Selous »

Re Short Arsed i am 5ft 6 I own a bandit 1250 have ridden the BM F650GS I found the bike to be a nice road bike with 'basc' off road fun included. I road 1 in Spain for 14 days no problem with nume bum etc I found the riding position, to be what i like 'sit up & beg'
when i got back to UK went for test ride on the BMW 800 didn't even et of the forecourt so tall & heavy due to size, don't get me wrong once i passed my test 30+ years a go I rode a bike i had to lean to put a foot don at the traffic lights! I got so good at stopping and balancing the bike without putting my feet down! would like to try the bigger BM but thats it ideal for the giants amongst you, remember from 1940 the average size was 5ft 5 so with good feeding and nutrition etc ppl are getting taller, having the seat adjustable is good as is adjusting the entire height of the bike.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Selous

Post by Selous »

for got to mention got email from Triumph to day Tiger launch Jan 20th will go down for a test ride.
good luck on the guy who brought 1 already will be interested in your ride report

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
garyr

Post by garyr »

africajim wrote:I'm unsure what extras I'd deem as necessary, crash bars in my case as I've had a couple of "issues" this yr!

I'm going through to the launch in Aberdeen next Thursday night, free food and drink always a crowd puller up here in the highlands! ;)
Company owes me a couple of hours so finishing early, 70 mile trip though so leaving Elgin at 4.30 to get into town, parked and walk up to Crown St. SteveT, you're welcome to come in with Fiona and me (car) if you can get finished early? Let me know mate. Hope to meet up with Largewayround there too.
So far the reviews, be it press or initial punters are all good so far, I might have to part with my money!
. I am going to miss this, back to work on wednesday. Was hoping to get down there before i go but a very ill jack russel and myself with the worst case of man flu ever known has scuppered those plans. Hope its a good night.
who dares, bins
murfeey

Post by murfeey »

didnt buy the end can as can see altrnatives on the horizon alot cheaper,when I went looking I had a tough choice,I stumped for the triumph over bm as was too heavy,tall!!,been down that route with lower seats,shock links etc,triumph came with the option.thats not because Im weak,had a caponord loaded up dropped it and struggled to pick up!!!,my bugbear as mentioned earlier is the price of extras,paddock stand bobbins ,triumph 23.00,ebay this morning 5.99 plus 1.00 postage,fog light set 230.00,hella full kit 90.00,the exhaust is extremely overpriced but does include a remap too,waiting for akra or mhp!!!!.
first ride today .
Didnt want too wait till weds so here goes.
Bumpy b roads ,a road then some motorway,im running in so smooth shifts no labouring,pulls well through the range,had it up to 70 on motorway,really stable,as windy,front screen too small,i have large one on order,I have set the bars back to my comfort,after 30 min off on to a roads,really happy handles well,have to adjust rear shock as little too hard,cleaning absolute pain!!!spoked wheels aaargh,under seat space waste of time,small hella socket fitted up front as std,great but you need an adaptor,5.00 ebay again.lastly crash bungs none avaliable at mo,but found a guy who makes got to send him a drawing for a price.
Cheers Murf
OB1

Post by OB1 »

murfeey wrote:fog light set 230.00
I was going to get the [strike]chav blinders[/strike], sorry, fog lights :whistle: until I saw the price.
Will probably get some aftermarket lights in a few months time...
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

In all seriousness, what are these people on? whether they are Touratech, Triumph or BMW etc, how are these lights worth that sort of money?
Why can't the manufacturers come up with some sort of incentive to purchase at the point of sale, eg 50% off if bought with the bike... and even then they're making good money, either on the sale or through finance deals.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
OB1

Post by OB1 »

mark1150 wrote:In all seriousness, what are these people on? whether they are Touratech, Triumph or BMW etc, how are these lights worth that sort of money?
In 1989 I bought an 883 Sportster from Harley Davidson. Within the first 2,000 miles, the headlight blew so I called the shop and asked how much for a replacement: HD wanted £40 for the sealed-beam unit. A mate who was working in the motor trade at the time said that Motorsave had something like it in, so I popped round there for a look. The exact same unit (same manufacturer's mark and serial number) was used in the original Mini and they had them in for £4.99! :blink:

Just because of a name they think they can charge the earth! :angry:
justrtw.com

Return to “BIKES”