800 triumph test ride!!!

The Things We Ride
murfeey

800 triumph test ride!!!

Post by murfeey »

Well tday got to ride the triumph at last,went last saturday ,unfortunately it was snowing,today mildy damp with a little misty rain.
Anyway size wise Im 5ft 7 in tall, adventurer comes with adjustable seat, seat raise and lower 30 to 40 mm i believe,on low setting i can touch the floor!! half the battle over,digital dash with trip fuel gauge ,drops in segments ,nice and bright too, handy socket adjacent for sat nav,phone charger,cool,optional extra another socket for 20.00 not bad,seating position spot on ,now I had a caponord before and this feels instantly lighter and narrower,bars not too wide either ,small front screen ,hazard a guess around town excellent ,long distance? Ive ordered a uprated one,higher and wider,engine crisp and responsive, on dash gear shift indicator too,doesnt come with front beak or handguards xc does,abs an option,Ive never rode a bike with abs so I cant comment and abs is 700.00 more.Build quality is spot on.
Gearing wise pulls like a train,bit quiet(leo vincis on aprilla)arrow on 800 is 500.00,little bit too dear if you ask me ,think I will wait for others to come out in future,rear shock felt a1,not too bouncy or too stiff,but again when it has panniers on will have to see,road version doesnt have adjustable remote on it xc does,again have always used hagon in the past,and half the price of triumphs own!!!,accesories went up in the last week on the web site,I pointed out,,10% off in in january,anyway the ride is excellent and brakes are a1,although it was damp on dual carriageways easily sat at 70 mph.I cant stop smiling and have ordered a black one and should take delivery mid January. Happy days.
Attachments
DSCN35641.JPG
DSCN35641.JPG (52.88 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
africajim

Re: 800 triumph test ride!!!

Post by africajim »

I'm trying to get a hold of our local dealer for a test ride but no reply from the phones today. Did you order an 800 or the XC? I fancy the XC myself.
Personally want the white one! I've a few extras I fancy as well but don't want to break the bank. Agree the exhaust's a bit steep.
Look forward to more reviews as the demos become available.
Honda, the power of dreams.
garyr

Post by garyr »

africajim wrote:I'm trying to get a hold of our local dealer for a test ride but no reply from the phones today. Did you order an 800 or the XC? I fancy the XC myself.
Personally want the white one! I've a few extras I fancy as well but don't want to break the bank. Agree the exhaust's a bit steep.
If you are talking about shirlaws they are closed till after the new year. I was in just before i went offshore and they have a black road version in. Donald the salesman told me they will have both versions on the road for demos in january, Also a open night sometime in january.
who dares, bins
barnhatter

Post by barnhatter »

I want to ride one but will wait for spring, want to have a good test.
needing to change my steed in a years time, the old Hornets getting old but still good.
The problem I have is small legs, inside leg of 29ins so most Adv bikes too tall to feel comfortable and in control.
I was looking at the Sprint but am thinking that the 800 will feel my needs to the letter.
Hope the Mag reviews soon as the review will be based on what I want.
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

I am trying really really hard not to go and look at this one
http://www.teamroberts.co.uk/content/pa ... CC=800#eq1

Thank god it isn't the xc version
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
barnhatter

Post by barnhatter »

Just looked, not sure how you can get a used one this quickly though.
In the colour I want too!!
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

barnhatter wrote:Just looked, not sure how you can get a used one this quickly though.
In the colour I want too!!
I think this is a demo model. I have seen them do this before with sprint bikes
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
africajim

Post by africajim »

garyr wrote:
africajim wrote:I'm trying to get a hold of our local dealer for a test ride but no reply from the phones today. Did you order an 800 or the XC? I fancy the XC myself.
If you are talking about shirlaws they are closed till after the new year. I was in just before i went offshore and they have a black road version in. Donald the salesman told me they will have both versions on the road for demos in january, Also a open night sometime in january.
Aye it's Shirlaws, hardly spoiled for choice up here for Triumph dealers! I've been invited to the evening, it's Thursday 20th. Haven't spoken to Donald lately, but sure to have a natter when I get in to see the bikes.
Thanks for the info Gary, 70 mile run into the toon for us.
Honda, the power of dreams.
murfeey

Post by murfeey »

I ordered the 800 road version with some extras ,exhaust can wait ,as its new akrapovic will almost have one out!!!!,or mhp ,handcrafted,i have a 30 inch leg,and can touch the floor,like the xc but 800.00 dearer,would i take it off road,i dont no honestly,never had abs so nothing missed there and more pennies for goodies.Keep you informed

cheers murf.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Hi All,

I've had the luck of test riding both versions of the new Tiger - the road version before Christmas and the XC two days ago :woohoo: All I can say is that they are both superb and, even though they share so much of their DNA, they are two different bikes when you ride them. I tested the BMW F800 GS a couple of months ago to give myself a direct comparrison.

The Orange XC is the bike that I will be buying (collecting it on March 1st) with the additional 12v socket and the heated grips - anything else that I need, I'll fit myself as and when I need it.

When I was out on the XC this weekend, all I could think was that this is the only bike that I would be comfortable on in these conditions (cold, damp and slippery roads). I have been riding for 27 years on all different makes and styles of bikes but this is the bike that I have been waiting for - it will do everything that I want from a bike!

Roll on 2012... the plan is to ride the XC from the UK to Hong Kong... trouble is, the route keeps changing every time I look at a map! :laugh:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “BIKES”