versys

The Things We Ride
Lancastermick

Re: versys

Post by Lancastermick »

Would an ER6 have the frame strength to take a load off-road for extended periods? :huh:
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Not sure really, depends. But a Versys frame and swinger will probably be more sufficient for the heavier weight as the bike weighs circa 200kg's.

The front end is from the looks of things, pinched from a V-strom, its definately a Suzuki wheel on there.

Light off-roading on this thing would be fine, but having an underslung exhaust isn't going to help much if the going gets tough. Wouldnt want a busted exhaust / cracked downpipes.:blink:
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

It's a Kawasaki 650R in the USA , An EX650 or ER6F outside USA

This is the guy's own story , I hope it posts , Well Good Read

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... ht=jdrocks
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

I've an 07 Versys (as well as other bikes), which has a lower gel seat fitted. I'm 5'10'' and it's a stretch for me to touch down both feet. If I were you, I'd DEFINATELY have at least a sit on one, but preferably a test ride, BEFORE committing to buy.
The other thing you'll have to watch is the side stand. It's a well-known issue with the V as, 1) it is awkward as hell to pull down whilst sat on the bike, as it's just behind the footpeg - this might be particularly difficult for you, as you'd be on one (right) leg at the time, and, 2) once down and you go to get off - either straight over or using the peg to stand on - it can 'shift' and 'settle' another inch or so. Again, this might be a particular issue for you.
Great all-round bike mind and I'm certainly not trying to put you off - but these will be issues you'd have to overcome.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:

Return to “BIKES”