Loggys New Bike.

The Things We Ride
bull

Re: Loggys New Bike.

Post by bull »

they are a great bike. you will have many years of fun with her.
flyinwalrus

Post by flyinwalrus »

Nice bike pal..... Just bedded in for an @t lol
I can live more in 5 minutes on this motorcycle,than some people can live all their lives!
xtgaz

Post by xtgaz »

she looks good :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

Thanks again to all those who have commented.

Polished the bike again today, even cleaner than the pictures of last week lol... She is running sweet as a nut, but still work to do. She is rather lardy with a full tank of gas! ;)
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
africajim

Post by africajim »

I think you should count yourself bloody lucky to have a full tank of fuel,,, how the hell do you have that?

Every time I fill that damned RD04 Africa Twin to the brim, for example, this morning, by the end of the day, it's bloody gone? Red warning light came on as I approached home at 5.00 this afternoon, 209 miles.
(Light comes on at 207 last twice so off to XRV to find out how much left,,,, and why my damned orange doesn't work!)

That's me heading for my first 1000 miles on the RD04, only been on the road two months!

Enjoy mate!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

africajim wrote:I think you should count yourself bloody lucky to have a full tank of fuel,,, how the hell do you have that?

Every time I fill that damned RD04 Africa Twin to the brim, for example, this morning, by the end of the day, it's bloody gone? Red warning light came on as I approached home at 5.00 this afternoon, 209 miles.
(Light comes on at 207 last twice so off to XRV to find out how much left,,,, and why my damned orange doesn't work!)

That's me heading for my first 1000 miles on the RD04, only been on the road two months!

Enjoy mate!

Thanks Jim,

Hahah, so you fill her up and empty her all on the same day!! 207 miles to reserve! How big is the RD04 tank (think its a litre bigger at 24 isn't it?)??

I've not had the balls to run mine to reserve yet, but I did 163 miles last week and think I had 8 litres left in the tank so should get roughly 245 miles to a tank.

How is your bike running Jim? Your obviously enjoying it.My mate turned up on his 1800 Honda Cruiser today, so we went for a ride out. Only short distance today but it was nice to get out. Hope you enjoy your bike to mate!! B)

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Loggy wrote: [quote=africajim post=167177]I think you should count yourself bloody lucky to have a full tank of fuel,,, how the hell do you have that?

Enjoy mate!

Thanks Jim,

Hahah, so you fill her up and empty her all on the same day!! 207 miles to reserve! How big is the RD04 tank (think its a litre bigger at 24 isn't it?)??

I've not had the balls to run mine to reserve yet, but I did 163 miles last week and think I had 8 litres left in the tank so should get roughly 245 miles to a tank.

How is your bike running Jim? Your obviously enjoying it.My mate turned up on his 1800 Honda Cruiser today, so we went for a ride out. Only short distance today but it was nice to get out. Hope you enjoy your bike to mate!! B)
RD03 and RD04 tanks are 24lts B)

I get between 55 and 65 mpg out of my rd03.

My old rd07a did I think roughly 220 to reserve iirc
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Great Bike there Loggy.
Don't polish it as much as riding it will you :whistle:

That chain does look tight as per a previous post.

Enjoy... and welcome to the Africa Twin experience
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
hornet

Post by hornet »

Congratulations on the arrival of your new family member :laugh:

I'd agree that she looks to have been pre-loved not owned

many happy miles

hornet
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

AckAckFlack wrote:Great Bike there Loggy.
Don't polish it as much as riding it will you :whistle:

That chain does look tight as per a previous post.

Enjoy... and welcome to the Africa Twin experience

Hi mate,

After the comments of last week, I took the adjustment back a notch to 18 on the snail cams. The chain is a lot slacker now. On the side stand I can fit a 70mm bit of wood between the swing arm and chain (which is supposed to be "THE" method)

Thanks for your comments!! ;)

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Return to “BIKES”