New bike

The Things We Ride
sooty

New bike

Post by sooty »

I am now the proud owner of a new Tirple black GSA after BMW came good and replaced my 16month old GSA after it's third engine strip and rebuild due to excessive oil use.
The older bike had been a nightmare and constantly used engine oil like I owned half of Saudi Arabia. It seemed to slow down and sort of sat in the 'accepted norm' of 1ltr/1000 miles, but just before it broke down again, started to again use 1/2 ltr in about 200 miles.
BMW initially were reluctant to agree to do an exchange, and wanted me to put in money to exchange the bike, something I was determined not to do. After talking through options with the tea at Cooper Sunderland, I seemed to be making little progress, until I spoke with the service manager, Mr Paul Sharman. It was then that events changed and BMW offered to change the bike at no cost to myself.
It is all to easy to slag dealers off, but, Paul Sharman of Cooper Sunderland, has been stirling in his efforts to assist me in my preferred option. Steve Brown (sales) ensured that once all was agreed that the change over happened as quickly as possible to get me back on 2 wheels. So here I am, 1 month on from feeling very pissed at BMW, to having my faith restored.
So I wish to publicly thank the team at Cooper Sunderland and BMW for restoring my faith in the marque.
A happy bunny I am now :)
Bigtim

Re: New bike

Post by Bigtim »

Excellent news, It's always good to hear of dealers actually trying to help for a change

Enjoy your new bike

Tim
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Enjoy your new wheels, a good backup from a dealer ok, great to hear!

Don't know why the GS1200's use oil anyway, strange..? Friend of mine has a 08 GS1200 Adv, did a few days riding to tip of Scotland a few years ago, about 750 miles total and he brought oil with him and used it all (!!!!), my Suzuki V-Strom doesn't use oil, full stop.

Weird....
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
flamair

Post by flamair »

Buy a Suzuki mate. I've done thousands and thousands of miles on several Bandits and I've used about half a litre of oil in all that time.

Beemers are over rated in my book..and bloody expensive for an old engine design that guzzles oil. :)
Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

Nope. Had 2 GSA 's now and mine use hardly any oil. Maybe a litre in 5k
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Different engine I know... but my 1150 used quite a bit of oil up to about 20,000 miles or more..

Now nicely run in at over 50,000 miles it uses virtually none between oil changes (6000 miles)
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

Glad to hear of a good out come, my oringinal Austrian iron uses 100mls or so in 3500 mile european tour
Me karma ranover me dogma
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Good result Sooty.
31,000 on mine now and rarely top up between services
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
sooty

Post by sooty »

Glad you enjoy your ride flamair. I guess it's each to their own, I'm taking out shares in Shell (just in case) :lol:
This will be the 4th Beemer I have owned and that was the only one to give problems. My original wasn't oil tight till 18000, but I expected and accepted that fact.
Fingers crossed that it was a one off and that this one gives me trouble free riding.
551704_3452878488620_871477665_n.jpg
551704_3452878488620_871477665_n.jpg (56.79 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
herman

Post by herman »

Thats a damm good outcome! Now let me think...what shall I buy....BMW....Triumph.....hmmmmm sorry could'nt resist, nowt to do with the bikes but.... :whistle:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “BIKES”