touring bike

The Things We Ride
Will

touring bike

Post by Will »

Hi looking for some advice selling my tenere as want something bit more suited to 2 up touring any advice would be great , i do use by for commuting not everyday but when i can , should i get gs 1200 /1150 or 1000cc v strom ,tiger 955/1050 ???? or try one off 650 middleweight bikes for the better fuel mpg as long as they can carry 2 , or should i go for pure road bike ????? B)
Bsa A10
herman

Re: touring bike

Post by herman »

I have a fazer thou for sale :whistle: comes down to ergonomics really tho. Do you want bolt upright, sport tourer or sport? Almost anything above 650 ish will be ok for two up but for extended trips then 8oo+? Personally I keep coming back to jap fours.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Willy_Eckerslike

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

Have a look at the Bandit 1250GT. You won't find a better touring bike for the money, half the price of a GS, spend the money on fuel and hotels.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
davsato

Post by davsato »

fazer and bandit are both excellent bikes.
not ot put it too bluntly, how big are you and your mrs? if the 66o could just about cope then something similar sized but better suited could do, deauville, weestrom, etc.

my advice is to (together) blag a test on as many bikes as you can
Dave
Davev333

Post by Davev333 »

Just done the very same mate. ZZR 1400 and its about as far away from the 660 as you could get its quiet, smooth, comfy,joy to ride, o yes and its a little quicker :-)
I love it.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

A good 955 and farkle it a bit and your good to go, BMW RT 1200 get rave write ups if your cash spreads that far ;) cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I've had a few touring bikes and sports tourers, but i find dual sport/adventure bikes far more comfortable for touring. They have more of an upright riding position and i can move around on them more, they just seem to fit me better.
I would do a few test rides to see what fits you, then ask opinions about whatever bikes are on your shortlist.

Also i would stick to higher CC bikes. The middleweight bikes 500cc to 800cc just don't have enough grunt. For two up and carrying luggage there's no replacement for displacement.
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

As above ,better off with bigger CC "s for two up touring
NKL990

Post by NKL990 »

Not too sure about big tall bikes for two up work, always looks very difficult for the pillion to get on and off, and you can't beat cc's for two up work.
Chrisstrom

Post by Chrisstrom »

Got to be its big brother th super tenere. Get a low mileage demo though, don't pay full whack!
You can only do what you can do!!

Return to “BIKES”