Burgman 400cc scooter

The Things We Ride
macvisual

Burgman 400cc scooter

Post by macvisual »

Took advantage of the lovely weather in central Scotland today (Wed) and popped out to my local bike dealer for a we look round and a coffee etc (as you do).. They have a (2011) model Suzuki Burgman 400cc (big scooter) which had just came in a day before, I semi know the main bike salesman who seen me interested in the Burgman sitting outside for sale, gave me the keys to give it a whirl....

Took it out a good 30 mile run, 'b' roads and motorway riding, wOw, pleasantly surprised ok, sitting easily around 75/85mph on the motorway, just a real hoot to ride, so easy, it's great just been able to twist n' go etc. Under seat storage space is vast, good brakes, quick enough acceleration alright. Really really loved it..!!

May go back for another test ride, be nice as a second bike!!! Keep the miles down on my DL1000. I'm very impressed!!
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Throttled

Re: Burgman 400cc scooter

Post by Throttled »

I totally get the idea of bigger scooters, but they are so ugly having been beaten thoroughly with a really big ugly stick. :) Then they get given silly names to make it worse.

The exception to the rule is the Yamaha TMAX.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

Double post
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
BIG DON

Post by BIG DON »

B)

Not so keen on the concept myself "well" maybe when I am to old to lift a leg over a traditional bike :laugh:
A mate at work has one of these and I must say it is very reliable used every day in all weathers it starts goes and stops, a good machine.

BIG D
davsato

Post by davsato »

my mate at work has a burgerking 650 executive and its totally a pan european for twist and go'ers. its got all the gadgets, leccy screen, heated seat, its not quite got the urge of a pan but on 'sport' mode it shifts, no mistake. surprised how well it goes considering its only a 650 and must weigh 400kg!!
i would quite happily tour as far as anyone on a bike with it, i could easily put 2 weeks of gear under the seat and it can take a topbox too. but i just dont like the riding position. T&Gs feel like sitting on a stool to me, for some reason i dont feel that safe on them. you'd get used to it though i guess?
Dave

Return to “BIKES”