What shed?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
CBSTD

Re: What shed?

Post by CBSTD »

I put up a garage and a summerhouse for a mate, came from Dunsterhouse it is all tongue and groove machined and inter-locks good quality.We put a concrete base down then fixed the garage to it did the same for the summerhouse but it came with a timber floor. Concrete base dig out topsoil 100/150mm inches down fill hole with 4 inches of type 1 bottoming rake level and compact(wackerplate) lay 100mmx50mm out the size required 100mm up the way, level up frame on all sides hold in place with 50mmx50mm stakes into ground at 1.2m centre stakes need to be 450mm long fill with concrete to top of timber and level off and Roberts your fathers brother one base complete
Me karma ranover me dogma
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

VR_Rider wrote:I've been out looking at she'd all day, still rather confused. Thanks for all the feedback! More information on how to prepare a decent base for a shed would be good, I have no idea where to start!
Is the building you choose going to have concrete as a finished floor or will there be a wooden shed floor over the top?

Let me know which and I'll write you up a guide on how to do it. ;)
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

VR_Rider wrote:
Big Dave wrote:I've got a 7ft x 7ft wooden shed for sale if your interseted
Double doors and two side windows
the base has 3/4" Ply on it for extra strength
you would need to take down /dismantle your self (so that you'll know how it goes back together)

Make me a sensible offer £........

BD
Forgot to reply to this!

Where abouts are you based? I may well be interested!
I'm in Morecambe Lancashire :) it's a long way form you, for a shed
Shiney side up
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Just ordered this...
http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.uk/S ... -apex-shed

It is obviously on offer at the mo', is made of better quality timber and altho it is to be used as a normal potting shed for the Mrs and her green fingered exploits, I will insulate it and internally board it.
It would be perfect as a bike shed as it is that big wider than an 8 x 6 and way longer.
If buying new make sure you suss out exactly what it comes with, many don't come with the floor and by the time you add that on etc etc, it is up to deluxe price territory
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

20032008004.jpg
20032008004.jpg (83.72 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
A shed by any other name... T&G was too shed-like so I stoned it.

cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

Jelly wrote:
VR_Rider wrote:I've been out looking at she'd all day, still rather confused. Thanks for all the feedback! More information on how to prepare a decent base for a shed would be good, I have no idea where to start!
Is the building you choose going to have concrete as a finished floor or will there be a wooden shed floor over the top?

Let me know which and I'll write you up a guide on how to do it. ;)
I am not sure what I shall be going for, but I would imagine it wood be a shed with a wooden floor!

Road2manchester, now that is a shed, very cool!

big Dave that is indeed a little far, thanks for the offer!

Return to “TECHNICAL”