Changing from Bridgestone Battlewing to Michelin Anakee

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
siddhartha

Post by siddhartha »

Having to renew tyres on my Super Tenere XT1200Z.

Not sure if this tyre topic already posted on forum - but has anyone used Michelin Anakee 2s on same bike or similar - and what do you think of them?

Thanks.

You never see a motorcycle outside a psychiatrist's office - unfortunately this is not my own quote.

Tenere XT1200Z / Triumph Thunderbird
Treadtrader

Re: Changing from Bridgestone Battlewing to Michelin Anakee

Post by Treadtrader »

Would'nt use anything other than Anakee on my GS, used them on my Africa twin too.

Great in the dry, confident in the wet.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

I have used the Anakees on my Tiger 955i and have also used the Conti trail attacks.
I also have a Super ten and will be replacing the tyres with Conti's I do like the Anakees but the Conti's for me win hands down.

They have ooddles of grip wet or dry.
But for off road i have not tried them.
I did take the Anakees up a forrest road and they were great.
But the Conti's wet grip win me every time.

Hope this helps

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
spasm

Post by spasm »

i changed my battlewings on my super10 to pilot trails, but they r just road tyres, im now lookin at these babies. ive heard good reports on other sites ;)
http://www.moto-amore.com/heidenau/k60_ ... nglish.png
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Ubique 895

Post by Ubique 895 »

Changed from battle wings on my 650 vstrom to Annakees last months and wow-what a difference! Done about 1400 miles on them now, and absolutely fantastic.
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

spasm wrote:i changed my battlewings on my super10 to pilot trails, but they r just road tyres, im now lookin at these babies. ive heard good reports on other sites ;)
Tell me more they look like they can handle Sh*te.

Can you get them in the UK??

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

BIG BILL wrote:
spasm wrote:i changed my battlewings on my super10 to pilot trails, but they r just road tyres, im now lookin at these babies. ive heard good reports on other sites ;)
Tell me more they look like they can handle Sh*te.

Can you get them in the UK??

BIG BILL
Ordered mine from pneus online. Couple of decent threads on the forum on the K60. I recently put one on the back of my bike ...

Seem to be very good in gravel and on the road though I'm not convinced about them on wet roads. No better than other similar tyres in mud or wet grassy trails; the (KTM standard) Scorpion I had on before was probably as good. The TKC80 is maybe a better all-round choice but I've not tried them because the reported wear would annoy me as I do fairly high mileage. By contrast the one thing everyone agrees with on the K60 is that they are hard wearing.

Some of the sizes come with a centre bar which improves lifespan but once you're worn down to this bar the tyre starts to sit quite square and you easily spin up in even light mud.

Been told that the Mefo Super Explorer is worth looking at as an alternative.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I would also be interested in this thread, I have just at 3.30 this afternoon ordered my first set of Anikees for my varadero.
I have had two sets of Continental's prior to this, the first set were brilliant, but that was after coming off Battlewings! the second set, well, the rear didn't seem to last the distance. I went back to my bike shop wondering if I had a dodgy batch or something. He asked if I had done short trips or long hauls, now I must admit the first set were put on for a 6000 mile ride around Europe, riding all day every day, still plenty of life left when I got home. The present set, no big trip, just days out and a couple of UK runs.

I am off to Morocco at the end of April, so it will be intersting to see how the Anikee's hold out.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

I've run Anakees on 2 Varaderos and they've proven themselves to be excellent tyres. 1st bike was used on a Europe trip, 2nd bike was used for more local & UK runs and the tyres performed well on that bike as well.
My @ wears them, as does my F800GS and on both machines the tyres are ace on wet or dry roads. They can also handle hard packed trackes - the @ did 60+ miles on Galloway forest tracks last year and the tyres handled everything thrown at them

Can you tell i'm an Anakee fan? :whistle:

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

I swapped from battlewings to anakees on my Tiger 800. Far superior tyre all round. I now have more confidence in the wet.
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!

Return to “TECHNICAL”