What do I need to know ?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: What do I need to know ?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Sadistic Con is obsessed with NOx emissions...which are low on two-strokes, although they are not so good on particulates and unburned hydrocarbons unless fitted with a cat. So two-strokes can be got through the London ULEZ regs quite easily.
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Hi Nick, long time!
My late Dad always had R100RS (and others), riding many pretty trouble free miles. Simple to work on and not too pricey on parts.
In June I inherited his bikes including 2 R100RS, a 75% built leaning/steering outfit and a fully dismantled M sport!
Never been a BMW man myself. Rode his RS in the 80`s and rode LancasterMicks GS at the first boil rally, and that is it!
Never worked on one but in his later years I did all the wrenching on rebuilding the outfit engine for him and they are simple as!!
I may just be a part time BM man in the future.
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
soho

Post by soho »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:28 pm Sadistic Con is obsessed with NOx emissions...which are low on two-strokes, although they are not so good on particulates and unburned hydrocarbons unless fitted with a cat. So two-strokes can be got through the London ULEZ regs quite easily.
It don't figure, the bike is over 40yrs & classed Historic, qualifying for exemption yet TFL is still saying £12.50 per day. W T absolute F ?
(probably sortable after multiple 1hr phone calls I guess)

The stroker is 60 years old, that's gonna cause some clouds at the lights :lol:
soho

Post by soho »

900Fantrider wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:40 am Hi Nick, long time!
My late Dad always had R100RS (and others), riding many pretty trouble free miles. Simple to work on and not too pricey on parts.
In June I inherited his bikes including 2 R100RS, a 75% built leaning/steering outfit and a fully dismantled M sport!
Never been a BMW man myself. Rode his RS in the 80`s and rode LancasterMicks GS at the first boil rally, and that is it!
Never worked on one but in his later years I did all the wrenching on rebuilding the outfit engine for him and they are simple as!!
I may just be a part time BM man in the future.
Wow ! It HAS been a while hasn't it ? be great to catch up some day (I've had to become quite insular , having the old compromised immune system 'n'all that !)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Good luck dealing with TfL...my calls to them are usually answered by someone who speaks 5 different languages...none of them English!
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

soho wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:20 pm
Wow ! It HAS been a while hasn't it ? be great to catch up some day (I've had to become quite insular , having the old compromised immune system 'n'all that !)
I had a bit of a think and its just 10 years since I was going to meet you at your workshop. But we did try to find you in Soho a few years back!
Either the Stella or Midland was the last time!
Same here with becoming insular due to low immune system but still managed to get and survive the dreaded twice (last thing in his life my Dad gave me) :x
Kettles always on in East Yorks.
soho

Post by soho »

900Fantrider wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:36 am
soho wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:20 pm
I had a bit of a think and its just 10 years since I was going to meet you at your workshop. But we did try to find you in Soho a few years back!
Either the Stella or Midland was the last time!
Same here with becoming insular due to low immune system but still managed to get and survive the dreaded twice (last thing in his life my Dad gave me) :x
Kettles always on in East Yorks.
I'll hold you to that ! I've been looking after the old folks too for several years, dad now passed and my old mum had to go into care a few weeks ago at 92 with dementia. Back now into proper bike life...............,I've done my bit.

I've a photo somewhere of a cracking girl in my sidecar, I thought she wanted to run away with me ? pass on the love. :P
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Finally found the drive with all the old ABR pics on!
Yes I don`t know what you did that day in the fields but she certainly came back smiling!
Sophie sends hugs x
Attachments
P8200006.JPG
P8200006.JPG (155.45 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
P8200007.JPG
P8200007.JPG (124.84 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
P8200008.JPG
P8200008.JPG (177.35 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

900Fantrider wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:13 am Finally found the drive with all the old ABR pics on!
Yes I don`t know what you did that day in the fields but she certainly came back smiling!
Sophie sends hugs x
Fun times at the old rally venue.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Treadtrader wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:04 pm

Fun times at the old rally venue.
Hi Dave, hope your both well?
They really where fun times!
Here`s the full extent of the catering of the first official ABR Midland rally 2011! A bar imitating an icecream van :D
Attachments
P8210019.JPG
P8210019.JPG (179.73 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

Return to “TECHNICAL”