Price of Yamaha spares

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Dark Knight

Price of Yamaha spares

Post by Dark Knight »

Went to the local Yamaha dealer this morning to get a new battery for my 660Z, Yamaha price £106.
Found out that Halfords have the same battery for £40 less.
Needless to say I will be buyiny the battery from Halfords.
Have you noticed that the Yamaha prices have shot up lately.
Billy Bananahead

Re: Price of Yamaha spares

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Everything has shot up.
Halfords didn't have a battery for my CX and found these on the web https://www.tayna.co.uk/ and bought a Numax battery from them for 41£ delivered.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Price of materials has gone up
Price of labour has gone up
Price of logistics has gone up.
And we now have another border to cross between the parts warehouses in Belgium and Holland and us here in the UK.

Plus dealers, distributors etc are all trying to increase profits to make up for 2 years of lockdown.

If there's anything new you are going to need in the next year, do yourself a favour and buy it now. Fixed interest rate if on credit.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Nothing new, Yamaha parts were expensive 40 years ago.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

These days, they seem to be the Toyota of the motorcycle industry...and that's a complement.
Yes, the bits are expensive, no, you don't need to buy that many of them, and yes the vehicle will run for ever. Like BMW bikes once were.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

I do hold quite a few spares for my 2011 xt1200z and 2008 xt660z.
As the bikes are no longer in production I am a bit nervous about future spares availability;
Plan is to sell the xt660z but did not want to sell it wih a five year old battery.
I do not use it much and it is just jamming up my garage.
Many thanks for the web site, will check the price for a Yuasa YT9BBS with Halfords.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Halfords is cheaper, largely because they do free delivery and there is a 10% offer on just now.
The problem, their web site claims that the Yuasa part number that I have, is not the correct one for the bike, will check the dimensions in the morning but would be surprised if it is the wrong part number.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Went to measure the 660Z battery and found that it has a Yuasa battery Part no YT9BBS fitted, so much for the Halfords Web site.
I have noticed that my Yamaha parts list shows the GS GT 9B4 part no, so maybe Halfords are using some Yamaha list.
I prefer to use Yuasa the batteries so will have to drop into a Halfords shop.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I recently tried to purchase a set of lower front side panels for a 300 rally from my local Honda dealer--the prices Honda were quoting were about 150 GBP for one side and 400 GBP for the other. I queried this and they revised it to 250 GBP a side--they are very similar--expensive!!!! Anyway I looked at BikerzBitz in Taiwan and their website was quoting 115 GBP per side for genuine Honda parts. I ordered these and despite their taxes, postage, import duty and VAT I saved about 150 GBP over the Honda UK price!--and the parts arrived pretty quickly--very much genuine Honda in original packaging--thanks Brexit!!--and I note that Fleece Bog, minister for Brexit opportunities , has moved his hedge fund out of the UK to Southern Ireland--the self serving nature of the tw!$ts in charge.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I recently bought a new Sena intercom from Germany because it was £148 delivered with taxes paid as opposed to £195 in the UK. However, it got checked at UK Customs and I had to pay another £39 in duty before it was delivered to me by Parcelforce. That took 10 days to sort out, so it was lucky I wasn't in a rush for it. The German retailer said that shouldn't have happened and has refunded me the £39 whilst they take it up with Customs. Thumbs up for 'Louis Moto' 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “TECHNICAL”