Vinyl wrapping.

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Jak*

Vinyl wrapping.

Post by Jak* »

Hi, I have a set of fibreglass Craven panniers on which the original paint is chipped and cracking. They are also the wrong colour. Rather than paint them I am thinking of vinyl wrapping them. Has anyone on here done something similar.If so much much wrap do you need, do you need any special tools etc and any tips? Alternatively if anyone knows anyone who does this for a living in the Matlock/Derby area?
Thanks
Magnusson

Re: Vinyl wrapping.

Post by Magnusson »

You need roughly the surface area of the panniers times 1,2-1,5. It depends on how you can cut the film to fit. Maybe add a little more since it's your first wrap. You also need heat gun, or powerful hair dryer, and a knife. Get good quality film, it's much easier to work with.
Surface imperfections will show through the film so you need to get the surface smooth before applying it.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
Saint rob

Re: Vinyl wrapping.

Post by Saint rob »

Try these Jak, not too far from you. I’ve had tank decals from them in the not too distant past, top quality and they did me a quote to for a 60th anniversary colour scheme for my super tenere which was good.
http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.html
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it

Return to “TECHNICAL”