Solo rider emergency help spot 3 alternative?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tramp

Solo rider emergency help spot 3 alternative?

Post by Tramp »

Probably been said before but the search engine on here is useless.... In my hands anyway..

So as I ride solo nearly always now and am becoming more clumsy... What do people recommend, I m after a easy to use like press a button to summon help that's accurate and dosent need cell coverage...

What3words does my head in.. Unlock phone, get and remember the words then phone someone.... If you've concussion or in real pain a simple button to get help is manageable...

Or in a ideal world 2 seperate system's incase one breaks... Europe wide to start with... Personal attachment not permenatly fixed to bike incase one goes flying...
Paul_C

Re: Solo rider emergency help spot 3 alternative?

Post by Paul_C »

My rugged smartphone has a specific configurable SOS button. I believe Samsung phones can be setup to do similar. Maybe others too? Perhaps there's an app?
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Being a technical wizard.......................................yeh right :lol: i use google maps on my samsung and if needed i spot my location on my phone , screen shot it and send to Jax , basic i know but better than nothing
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings, I have never used it but what about the 'Buddy' system on ViewRanger?

TTFN

Hugh
ibgary

Post by ibgary »

I use the Garmin InReach Mini. It sends my location to the wife automatically. Has an SOS button for emergencies. Works anywhere, no service needed. Has 3 preset messages, select and send. (I'm fine, pick me up here, running late, or what ever you want). Pair it to your phone and send longer messages, again with no need for service. Subscribe month by month or yr by yr.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Asgard

Post by Asgard »

I have a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) bought to put keep in my aeroplane for a bit of reasurance on cross channel flight, (they ae mandatory in France anyway) these small handheld devices are now legal for land based recreational use and will give a signal out on the distress frequency that has sattelite coverage and also embed position info from the GPS in the device

Mine is a Mcmurdo fastfind, the battery last 7 years

Like you Tramp I ride mostly alone so take it with me when I think I'm going off piste somewhere where cell coverage might not exist
Its a trick............get an Axe
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Some of the Garmin sat navs eg Zumo XT have a incidence alert system, which I lets someone know if you have an incident, details here

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp ... 15B4F.html
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Thanks all for a varied response some ideas where to look know..

Cheers
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Another idea from Garmin, GPS + two communicator with a screen you can read:

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

That's interesting as if I sold my zumo 595 and oregon 600 it would cost me very little .... I would just need a amps mount....

Web time this afternoon me thinks and garmin UK hq is 2 mls from me.....avaiable in uk later this year....and knowing garmins its full of bugs too :o :lol: :lol:

Return to “TECHNICAL”