Electric MTB

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
johnnyboxer

Re: Electric MTB

Post by johnnyboxer »

Pint Master wrote:
petecam wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:49 am
Pint Master wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:10 pm The Levo replaced a Haibike which had no rear suspension which after riding I was more sore than tired , The Levo suspension is really plush , tractor tyre ruts which on the Haibike nearly shook my teeth out are passed over comfortably on the Levo , the dealer went through setting up the suspension with me when I collected it , the 700 watt battery promises good range , it is slightly lighter than the Haibike which is handy getting over stiles , the dealer also converted it to tubeless whilst preparing which I wasn't that fussed about really but everyone says its better , I still really can't believe how much I paid for it and am looking into insuring it against theft and damage best quote so far is £240 pa and I have to use a "Sold Secure" Gold standard lock , I talked Mike Irving , one time Cambridgeshire TRF Chairman into buying one so after the lockdown we will visit some lost , to motorcyclists , lanes .
Hi

I have my eye on the Levo, gets a lot of good press on Youtube. Esp the 2020 version with the 700w battery. I want to wait and see how things go with my job during these turbulent times before spending a lot of money at the moment but hopefully I'll get one back end of this year. So might see you round on the lanes !

May I ask where you bought yours?

P
Hi Pete
The Levo with its excellent suspension is a joy to ride on rough tracks , youre welcome to try it when we get back to normal , I bought mine from Brinks Cycles near Bedford got a surprising large discount given that bike shops are flat out busy at the moment , they were excellent and converted the bike to tubeless foc as part of the prep as a matter of course ,took time to explain the suspension and set it up for my weight , and offer a free first service .
I am looking forward to getting back onto the lanes on a motorbike.
Don’t they just ride well
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
petecam

Post by petecam »

Bart1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 pm Just a thought.

Re using footpaths, surely it would be wise not to publish photo's of bicycles going over stiles etc. A photo on a track or path without a stile is much less obvious.
I have done some reading on this.... it seems cycling on a footpath is not actually illegal as in the Police cannot prosecute you. However it appears to be a civil trespass unless the land owner specifically allows cycles. Even then it seems a very grey area…
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

petecam wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:36 pm

Re using footpaths, surely it would be wise not to publish photo's of bicycles going over stiles etc. A photo on a track or path without a stile is much less obvious.
I have done some reading on this.... it seems cycling on a footpath is not actually illegal as in the Police cannot prosecute you. However it appears to be a civil trespass unless the land owner specifically allows cycles. Even then it seems a very grey area…
I must admit I always thought it was illegal to cycle on a footpath but happy that you have clarified this. It looks like another grey area in the "sea" of rights of way issues.....
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Bart1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:57 pm
petecam wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:36 pm

I must admit I always thought it was illegal to cycle on a footpath but happy that you have clarified this. It looks like another grey area in the "sea" of rights of way issues.....
Not as grey as you might think whilst it's not illegal you don't have a right to cycle on a footpath, doing so can leave you open to prosecution for nuisance or worse criminal damage. In the first instance it's a level 2 fine of up to £500, in the second case it can be custodial, makes the easy option of riding your motorcycle and taking the fixed penalty option of £30 look more appealing if you're given the option. Note there is no fixed penalty option for cycling on footpath.... yet.
petecam

Post by petecam »

Snaf MKII wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:42 pm
Not as grey as you might think whilst it's not illegal you don't have a right to cycle on a footpath, doing so can leave you open to prosecution for nuisance or worse criminal damage. In the first instance it's a level 2 fine of up to £500, in the second case it can be custodial, makes the easy option of riding your motorcycle and taking the fixed penalty option of £30 look more appealing if you're given the option. Note there is no fixed penalty option for cycling on footpath.... yet.
Hi Where did you get that info? ... the way I read it was its a civil offence and all the owner can do is ask you to leave the land ASAP.. happy to be corrected ! For example the text below:

"Cyclists do not have a right of way on public footpaths, but are not committing a crime. They are committing the tort of trespass against the landowner, who is the only person who can seek a judicial remedy - i.e. damages. If you aren't doing any damage (and not having a rave) then all the landowner can do is ask you to leave. Should you refuse, they can call the police."
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

It's important to differentiate between a footway & footpath. They are defined differently
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

petecam wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:04 am
Snaf MKII wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:42 pm
Hi Where did you get that info? ... the way I read it was its a civil offence and all the owner can do is ask you to leave the land ASAP.. happy to be corrected ! For example the text below:

"Cyclists do not have a right of way on public footpaths, but are not committing a crime. They are committing the tort of trespass against the landowner, who is the only person who can seek a judicial remedy - i.e. damages. If you aren't doing any damage (and not having a rave) then all the landowner can do is ask you to leave. Should you refuse, they can call the police."
Hi Pete
The bit in your paragraph which mentions "If you aren't doing any damage" is important. Any damage you did cause would be criminal as you had no right to be there in the capacity to which you were using the access.
The other law which is not shown as repealed dates back a while but has had amendments as recent as 1982.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Wil ... ry-c556689
I can't find any instances of prosecutions on either account so the chances are probably small of getting prosecuted for this, but the whole scenario of doing so because it's a "grey area" probably lead to the Crow and Nerc acts that curtailed a lot of trail riding access of the last century.
drdaveboy

Post by drdaveboy »

Berkshire cycles in crowthorne are a fantastic levo dealer and gets rave reviews for servicing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Indeed, just bought my 2020 levo turbo from them, good discounts ,
Took it for a good thrash today around Salisbury plain and woods etc.
On full power we did 40 miles and 4 hours actual ride time.
Great fun but needs the bigger cog on the front
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Im told its good to keep the cadence [ pedaling revs ] high as you are less lightly to hurt your joints than you are pulling a high gear.

Return to “TECHNICAL”