Karcher pressure washers

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
frenchy3

Re: Karcher pressure washers

Post by frenchy3 »

I didn,t think much to my Karcher pressure washer. I treated it with respect used it carefully and stored in a warm dry place after releasing any residual pressure and removing any water from the system and it did not last long at all. I bought a cheap Champion washer and it is tough as old boots and has lasted ages.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

I had a small karcher for years, when it packed up went for a lavor, purely on price, but got 160ps. Worked brill, now on second lavor, all for e100.
McVicar

Post by McVicar »

Do you guys use these washers to clean your bikes. If so, do you have to avoid certain areas?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I don’t use the pressure washer on the bikes ever. I use a Muc Off type cleaner on a properly dirty bike (basically the Husky) and then use a hose. We do have decent mains pressure here so I do have that advantage.
Otherwise just a high quality bike ‘soapy wash’ and rinse.

If water pressure is low, a pressure washer is the only labour reduced way but don’t point it a bearings or electric bits other than briefly.

There has been debate about using snowfoam or similar (i use Magicfoam on the cars) but I haven’t tried it. You can spray it on through the pressure washer and it maintains it’s foaminess and you can brush it in without it running off in five seconds and then rinse. I would still use a soapy wash afterwards.

To Richard’s question, definitely try getting the hose refurbished if the machine is good.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

McVicar wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:45 pm Do you guys use these washers to clean your bikes. If so, do you have to avoid certain areas?
Yeah I do, but as said keep away from bearings and lecky bits, and always spray from a distance, and turn pressure down on the lance.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I use it to wash mud off the undersides of mudguards etc if the bike is really dirty.

OK to use from a distance on a gentle setting for more delicate areas.

Bear in mind that the mud has to go somewhere.

A mate of mine got sick of being shouted at for blocking the filters of his local jetwash with his trailbike.

So he got his own power-washer. He set too on washing the mud of the undersides of the mudguards, the dirty water went up in a pretty arc, over the fence and onto next-door's bed linen which was on their rotary dryer. :oops:

A replacement set of White Company Egyptian Cotton sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases doesn't come cheap, apparently!
McVicar

Post by McVicar »

Ha, think I'll just stick to my hosepipe every 3 months or so.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Get a commercial Karcher

Best £1500 you will ever spend

Totally controllable and even on a low pressure setting gets the bikes sparkly clean, due to the volume of water it delivers compared to previous domestic ones I have bought
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Ricalnic

Post by Ricalnic »

Trev wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 pm Have a look at Karcher outlet store, I've had a couple o A grade over the years, no discernible difference from new, same guarantee just fair bit cheaper, I think they've started to charge a nominal sum now for 12 months guarantee but still a great price

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/product ... sp?id=6041
+1
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

My Karcher died last year and my old man got a Worx pressure washer that is battery operated, you run the water from just about any container and having used this I could not justify the faff of setting up a mains operated unit.

Great for carrying with you if you ride Enduro's, or any other activity that requires a good hose down away from regular appliances :? ...

Return to “TECHNICAL”