EBC clutch Failure

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Cone

Re: EBC clutch Failure

Post by Cone »

Or un used one to be correct
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i were out with dave nunns last month and his clutch on the 690 just gave up so suddenly and left with zero as in zero drive ..just thought it was strange ...ive had a few clutches wear but always with the usual warning and always managed to nurse em home ..all he was doing was rocking a bit on top of a rock and then .....zilch
is there a code for the upgraded clutch ..ill pass it on to him if he dont readit here first
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
DaveCon

Re: EBC clutches - AVOID

Post by DaveCon »

Cone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:26 pm
So I agree and have changed the header as ive slowly calmed down and have to say the customer service from EBC has been exceptional, but not from the supplier who i purchased the clutch from....
Interesting. How did you contact EBC directly?

I've had some "V" brake disks that were warped out of the box. Unfortunately, although they were quite rough, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and carried on for a while until someone else said they're a joke and need sending back. This would leave me without my only mode of transport as well as all the faff of taking them off, getting new bolts etc etc.

I contacted the supplier, EBC Brake Shop, and got absolutely no response. Their "we get back to everyone within an hour" is a joke.
Cone

Post by Cone »

minkyhead wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:00 pm i were out with dave nunns last month and his clutch on the 690 just gave up so suddenly and left with zero as in zero drive ..just thought it was strange ...ive had a few clutches wear but always with the usual warning and always managed to nurse em home ..all he was doing was rocking a bit on top of a rock and then .....zilch
is there a code for the upgraded clutch ..ill pass it on to him if he dont readit here first
Minky interesting enough I was doing exactly that

Return to “TECHNICAL”