tyres with silica..

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tramp

tyres with silica..

Post by Tramp »

Okay ive jyst ordered some k60 silica for winter....then come spring its back to normal tyres....who else changes over to winter tyres?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: tyres with silica..

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I've got 3PMSF (alpine) four season Kleber Quadraxer all-season tyres on my car all year round, and they are excellent in winter conditions, but I've yet to try motorcycle winter tyres.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I change them when they are worn out but always keep the same tyres for all year round ........ do we really have the winters that need special tyres?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

For winter riding when its cold ,sunny and wet they are excellent....heat ip very quickly like car winted tyres and have the same temp range..

For me it means i can ride safely when its cold....more riders should enjoy winter and have 2 or 3 :o sets of tyres..
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I bought some silica K60s. I can’t say that I noticed that much difference except my back tyre on my K60s on my Himmy lasted about four thousand miles whereas my mates normal K60 on a R100GS lasted nearly ten thousand.
In the past I have dropped the pressure by about five psi when the weather is icy or there is snow. That helps a bit.
Cheers
bowber

Post by bowber »

Often wondered about it, I have winter tyres on my van all year and they transformed it in snow, it's now a transit that doesn't get stuck in snow.
In winter I've normally gone for knobbly tyres but they won't be a winter compound.

Steve
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Are winter tyres really worth it in the south of the UK.
I just stick to my EO7 all winter,and never had any issues
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

I used to use the K60 winter tyres and on those cold mornings they did seem better. From my research they supposedly outperform normal tyres below 5 degrees. You do lose mileage but not horrendously. I ran them all year round with no problems. For those really bad days I use winter tyre grip on my commute if I need to get home from work after being caught out by snow or bad ice.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG

Return to “TECHNICAL”