Crf250 rally tubeless conversation

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Poweller

Post by Poweller »

Hi all,
I’m thinking of converting my crf250 rally to tubeless, has anyone done this and what problems did you come across if any.?
Any advice appreciated .
Many thanks Mat
boboneleg

Re: Crf250 rally tubeless conversation

Post by boboneleg »

Minkyhead has done that conversion, I'm sure he'll be along to explain soon.
one-legged adventurer
Poweller

Post by Poweller »

Cheers 👍🏻
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

strange coincidence ive just done another wheel on me mates rally last night

its 18 months now and ive converted all me 8 wheels to tubeless

heres the proviso ive only used three tyres ..a mtas 644 front a mitas e09 rear and aunicross enduro rear ...which i toured the ba;kans on with no bother

im on me 2nd sets of tyres on each bike and the taped sytems have held up no bother i do not run undr 15psi as theres no rim clamps

its important i think to be carful in preperation ...you need a rotary wire brush to scuff the rim up ..no need to braek the paint but a good bonding surface ...wash imaculatly clean ..use acitone wipes ......fit tyre and blow bead on you need a 1.5 compressor .no valve core inflate check for leaks and leave 24 hours ...deflate and then insert the tyre sealent ..ive used slime in the rear ..you then have a a self sealing tyre 8-)

fronts were more of a problem tiny leaks but the stans sealents sealed the bead on the 644s and ive never lost 1psi of pressure since .....so ive no guarantees at all but i know that these tyres seal and stay sealed on my bikes ...preceede with caution keep vigalent and test them ..some softer tyres couyld flex and burp the bead i suppose ...fortunatly me travel tyres e09 and 644 have proven 100 percent in all conditions so far ....theres no 644s available so ill have to change eventually but ive still got 4 new ones .....so be carful oif you do the fronts ..

have fun braaaaap

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Poweller

Post by Poweller »

Many thanks for all the info, I’m definitely going to get on and do it.
Cheers mat
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Tubeless Tyre: How you feeling today mate?

Tubed Tyre: A little deflated :(

............................................................................. ...... :D
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Poweller wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 pm Many thanks for all the info, I’m definitely going to get on and do it.
Cheers mat
forgot to mention ..remove the rubber bung for rim clamp ..and plug that hole neatly with polymorph plastiv pellets before taping over it moulds to any shape and sets rock hard ..thats the best way to seal it rather than a bolt and rubber grommets . the rubber bung on its own is a no its under a lot of pressure in would not rely on that

.much easier much neater thanm mk 1 version ...get polymorph off ebay you only need a thimble full ....
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “TECHNICAL”