2016 Africa Twin Air Filters

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
dibbs

2016 Africa Twin Air Filters

Post by dibbs »

So thinking of changing the oil and air filters on my bike and upon looking at prices it seems that the air filters differ massively on price, around ยฃ35 each! for OEM filters and around ยฃ25 for a pair of Hiflo air filters!!!! are they really so different or is it just the Honda 'Premium' effect? can any Gurus enlighten me please...
Tramp

Re: 2016 Africa Twin Air Filters

Post by Tramp »

Cheaper than a engine rebuild :lol:... But hiflo are oem spec.

Do pipercross do filters for your bike as used them in my old ta650 for 75,000 miles and no engine wear last i heard it was nocking on over 100k...
More expensive to start with but long run evens out and better breathing like giving up them cigars..
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Had a a look at pipercross Russ but they dont do them for my bike! Lol...you remembered the cigars lol...
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Why not loom at mwr,k&n or DNA air filters to mention a few
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

I have considered the K&N foam filters Teflon, but not sure about changing them too regularly, as I think they do need re oiling fairly regularly! and its a bit of a faff to get to the AT filters, not just a 5 min job. So the long lasting paper ones seem better I think, but im still not sure which to go with :?: :!: I was hoping to get a few other AT owners responses to this to see which is better in a real world test, but they last so long probably not a lot have changed them yet hehehe.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I know the feeling on faffing to change the air filter it's a pain on th KTM 990 adventure I had an mwr and resorted back to my oem as the size difference had me worried
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I was thinking of buying a AT at one point. I read your comments ref it being a faff to access the filters so out of curiosity I had a quick look on YouTube....... ffs! All those push rivets etc and taking off fairing each side ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

redbikejohn wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:09 pm I was thinking of buying a AT at one point. I read your comments ref it being a faff to access the filters so out of curiosity I had a quick look on YouTube....... ffs! All those push rivets etc and taking off fairing each side ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Yeah looks very time consuming, but i think after the initial 'go' then it can be done a lot quicker, but its still a partial strip down!!! lol..

Return to โ€œTECHNICALโ€