Bloody BMW prices

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Brads

Re: Bloody BMW prices

Post by Brads »

johnnyboxer wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 pm
Brads wrote:All of my bikes have been self serviced apart from this one, and it's purely because the warranty is about the best you can get.

They have actually called back and have paired it down to 550 for the service so I'm not getting hit for missing the other 2 yearly services.
Still shitloads though.

The warranty doesn't cover suspension after 30k miles so thats when it's getting binned. The European breakdown cover is the best of the best though so that's a big part of why I've kept it up.
What a stupid state of things !!
Binning off a bike at 30,000 miles, because the crap shocks aren't covered by a warranty
Madness
Why do you do that ???
And to add. The shocks are brilliant. Part of the reason I've bought 2 of these bikes.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Hugh wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:18 am Greetings,

If Teflon is referring to 'Big Al' of MW Motorcycles, Hyde, then plus one for the recommendation.

I wasn't I was referring to big al on this forum in Wales who runs the abr rally at West Wales.

But big al from mw motorcycles is a top bloke and so is Chris I use them a lot and are very knowledgeable chaps
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

David, for excellent service I can specifically recommend KIA which has in the past honoured my warranty claims without any hassle, example they completely replaced the sat nav head unit at 5 years, well after that part of the warranty was out of date but the car had been serviced by a dealer. I can also record that Jaguar in my experience would go far beyond their warranty requirements to secure customer satisfaction if there was a fully service history. The dealer I worked for often undertook warranty problems not solved by others, we were given permission to repair as we saw fit and if we could not solve the problem (rare) the car was taken back to the factory until sorted foc. A loan car being provided for the duration. Sadly this family owned company is no longer trading as a Jaguar dealership.

The automation of vehicles is mind boggling, why? because of trying to hit environmental criteria under unrealistic targets for a multi use, multi operational regime. Lane deviation as one example - for goodness sake the rider/driver is responsible not a computer, we have dumbed down motoring skills. We also live in a claim blame society and trust me not all customers are innocent.

Sorry, I divert the conversation.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “TECHNICAL”