Has anyone on here ever bypassed a Meta alarm?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
bowber

Re: Has anyone on here ever bypassed a Meta alarm?

Post by bowber »

I've removed 2 old failed alarms, as Bob said you need a bit of time and electrical compitance, the bypass will just reconnect the wires broken by fitting the alarm, all the alarm does is break the starter and ignition feeds and connect into the indicators usually.

Steve
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:40 pm They do sound nice those tl100 with a good set of cans on :D , on a different subject Dave what date were you doing your Pyrenees meet ?
Yep, she has twin ART titanium cans and sounds like a WWII bomber.

Pyrennees trip is 23rd September to 27th, camping at Noguera Pallaresa camp site in Sort. We've got a thread on it here:

https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... et#p638572

Hope you can make it Bob.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

bowber wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:38 pm I've removed 2 old failed alarms, as Bob said you need a bit of time and electrical compitance, the bypass will just reconnect the wires broken by fitting the alarm, all the alarm does is break the starter and ignition feeds and connect into the indicators usually.

Steve
Hiya Steve. Thanks. As long as the bypass plug allows me to just stick the key in the ignition and start the bike, I don't care what it does to be honest.

What with broken fob blippers, stupid re-coding procedures after you disconnect the battery and the risk of being stranded by an immobilised bike, bloody alarms are a curse. Proper bike thieves don't even care about them much anyway - they just lift the whole bike up into a panel van and let the siren wail until they can strip it all out somewhere private.

So do you think I'll be OK with this bypass gizmo?

https://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarm ... -plug.html
bowber

Post by bowber »

I would say that'll work fine if you get the right one.

Steve
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The Meta butt plug arrived yesterday. Took 5 seconds to fit into the 18 pin connector. Turn the key. Fuel pump sound - that's good. Thumb the starter - engine turns over - that's very good. Full choke, 10 secs of turning over and boom - one cylinder kicks in. Then eventually both. After 4 years sitting on its own under a cover the TL is booming and the walls vibrate like in the good old days.

SO, if you have a dead alarm system contact ABACUS ALARMS - I can wholeheartedly recommend them. :D :D
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Nice one Dave , I do love the sound of those big twins. :D

Return to “TECHNICAL”