Rear shock

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tripster1050

Rear shock

Post by Tripster1050 »

I really enjoy riding my CRF250L and actually enjoy the limited power of the little bike but man that rear shock is soft !!! When I get on the bike it sags by inches, almost like the rear has collapsed I weigh 13.5 stone, 5’ 11.
I know its a common point about the bikes but whats the cheapest method to improve ?

Cheers

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byewayrider

Re: Rear shock

Post by byewayrider »

Fit a spring set for your weight range....most enduros are based on 80kg max
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

byewayrider wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:32 pm Fit a spring set for your weight range....most enduros are based on 80kg max
Interesting. I recently heard that manufacturers supply bikes centred on a rider (fully geared up) at 80kg with adjustments that cope with 60kg to 100kg, which I guess means pre-load. Anybody offer any further info?

Personally I've not weighed 80kg since I was a teenager, even in my socks :lol: :?
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Give the guys at revs suspension a ring they will sort you out cracking chaps did my versys forks and shock what a difference
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

DaveCon wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:23 am
byewayrider wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:32 pm Fit a spring set for your weight range....most enduros are based on 80kg max
Interesting. I recently heard that manufacturers supply bikes centred on a rider (fully geared up) at 80kg with adjustments that cope with 60kg to 100kg, which I guess means pre-load. Anybody offer any further info?

Personally I've not weighed 80kg since I was a teenager, even in my socks :lol: :?
It's nor possible for a spring like that to cope with such a weight range. Just go to ktech website and sort a new one of the right weight. You dont need a suspension tuner for this
cowling

Post by cowling »

We have about 6 crf's in the ABC crew now, mostly rallys, all have gone for the yss rear shock, from fire fox racing, sell at £289, I got mine off eBay when they had the 15% discount, so paid £250.

They transform the bike, I should have went for a heavier spring weight wise, but rode a mates with std spring on and it was more than stiff enough.

I rode a crf250l for 3 year and 12000 miles and lived with the std setup, back end was woefully,
I know you'll get the experts on here saying you need to spend £££££ , and need to change the front aswell. I can live with the front !

Not worth sticking a heavier spring on the std shock, the whole thing is shite, chuck it and get a yss , worth every penny .

It was the minky , the crf guru that pushed me the yss way, very good advice. 👍
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

cowling wrote:We have about 6 crf's in the ABC crew now, mostly rallys, all have gone for the yss rear shock, from fire fox racing, sell at £289, I got mine off eBay when they had the 15% discount, so paid £250.

They transform the bike, I should have went for a heavier spring weight wise, but rode a mates with std spring on and it was more than stiff enough.

I rode a crf250l for 3 year and 12000 miles and lived with the std setup, back end was woefully,
I know you'll get the experts on here saying you need to spend £££££ , and need to change the front aswell. I can live with the front !

Not worth sticking a heavier spring on the std shock, the whole thing is shite, chuck it and get a yss , worth every penny .

It was the minky , the crf guru that pushed me the yss way, very good advice. Image
Cheers mate Image will take a look at YSS website/Ebay. £289 seems a reasonable about to improve the rear and less than most pay for slip on cans on a top range sports bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Do it, you'll not regret it

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Return to “TECHNICAL”