What tyre pressure

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Darren s

What tyre pressure

Post by Darren s »

I’ve got a dr 350 on motocross tyres and not sure about tyre pressure? I do use it to commute to work 3 ish days a week (all road) if this makes a difference.
Mike54

Re: What tyre pressure

Post by Mike54 »

tbh for winter i would put road tyres on it. mx tyres on wet, cold roads are bad news at any pressure
Darren s

Post by Darren s »

Mike54 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:26 pm tbh for winter i would put road tyres on it. mx tyres on wet, cold roads are bad news at any pressure
That is the plan really any recommendations. I like the look of Michelin anakee’s but they only do them in bike bike sizes
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

There's no 'right' pressure. If you've got security bolts and it's very muddy you can go down to single figures.

I had Pirelli MT17 or 21 on my DR...on the road I'd run in the mid 20s with more in the back than the front.

If you want to go commuting in the winter, I'd have a look at some of the tyres here

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-find ... lhuakBZck=

For instance

Heidenau
K60
90/90-21 54 T Front TT M/C Snow-Tex M+S

Heidenau
K60
120/80-18 62 T Rear TT M/C Snow-Tex M+S

You'd need to double-check sizes.

They won't do any good off-tarmac, though.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

MX tyres for the dirt would be at about 14 psi (unless it's really muddy) so go up from there for the road. I reckon 20+ psi at least. Serious road work will quickly shag MX tyres, in my experience.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

The K60 are pretty good on wet, crap roads although the Anakees aren't bad either (the K60 will last longer mind). I think the recommended on k60 for the weight of a DR would be around 28 psi front 30 rear , I personally prefer my tyres 24/26 for road use.

I go supermoto in the winter for commuting, for my lil 250 I find Michelin Pilot Streets give excellent grip (on my 4th set) I don't think they come in 21/18 though, I have 17" wheels. I'm also quite happy with Avon Trailriders on my CCM, very good wet grip.

Might be worth searching online for some SM wheels, there are usually a few for the DR kicking about
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Darren s

Post by Darren s »

I have got some SM wheels for it but I’m going to stick to the enduro ones as I don’t wont to be swapping wheels all the time.i will look at some of the tyres suggested and let you know my thoughts.

Return to “TECHNICAL”