Heated Grip fitted correctly?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tripster1050

Re: Heated Grip fitted correctly?

Post by Tripster1050 »

lancashirelad wrote:Just nipped out to the garage to see how close mine are to the switchgear they are a bit closer than yours also in your pic the cable to the grip should be perpendicular to the bars if you get my drift they have an arrow on the inner side of the grip to show how they should be fitted, mine is wrong also but at some point I will change it.
image.jpeg
Ah I did notice the arrow. If its fitted correctly then the cable block will be behind the front brake lever(it wont foul it though) and when rotated it will point upwards towards mirrors so I presume they fitted it like that so its not behind brake..... bit late to mention it now but will put grips on full to melt glue and try adjusting without screwing them up. Will have to wait till back from work in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

Many thanks for everyones kind help & responses

Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

Been a while since first posting this thread and away for a few months working. Contacted dealer and they are more than happy to refit the grip/exchange and fit correctly tomorrow just need some decent handguards now

steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

If the rubber on twistgrip rubs on the switchgear it can drag and feel awful, so the dealer has a point. A circular washer , like a polomint cut out of an old platic milk bottle placed on the bar first would stop it rubbing. Done well it would be un-noticable.....

Return to “TECHNICAL”