Vinyl wrap

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
herman

Vinyl wrap

Post by herman »

Just bought a very clean bike I intend to use and abuse which I would like to protect a bit. Anyone had a bike wrapped? Clear or colour? Grades? I don't particularly want loads of graphics so one colour is fine. Any advice welcome.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Tramp

Re: Vinyl wrap

Post by Tramp »

What yoh bought niw ...so thats 1 in france 2 in uk.... :o now 3.....

There ard different gradex of vinyl wrap....try a local van agent...or grg a soare abysed set of panels..

I was out today over midhurst wag on the c and b roads...bloodg lively smelljnh the wiffs of rural hampshire :shock:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I've got a big roll of Blue vinyl. You are welcome too.
I can drop it round to Tramps on Monday be easier for you pick up from him.
I can take a picture of colour and WhatsApp Tramp to pass on.

When applying you may need to nick the wife's hairdryer
herman

Post by herman »

Thanks Tim but I will get it done by a pro as it is definitely not in my skill set. I bought a CB500x which will be farkled up in due course but it is spotless at the moment. :shock:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Eh?.....what you think of it compared to the xt660r you had.....they looked a bit soft in the finush dept and couldnt ride one in mx boots....

Salesman said it was a offroad bike.... :x bollocks so i walked back to my heap of sorrow :lol:

You selling the big teneree then?.. If you want to try the new lomo panniers give me a shout...
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I looked into getting the KTM wrapped as paint is pealing in places.
The two places I went one didn't even want to do it the other thought it too much work even though I said I would be stripping the bike and bringing in individual parts. Fobbed me off saying it would be cheaper to just get it repainted.
bowber

Post by bowber »

A few different options.

Normal polymeric sign vinyl may be a bit thin and isn't designed to wrap but it can do simple shapes.

Colour change Wrap is thicker and designed to do what it says on the tin :-) and it's about 2-3x the price of normal vinyl but a bike shouldn't take a huge amount.

Printed wraps are done on a very thin wrapping vinyl and then laminated with a matching clear vinyl and end up around the thickness of a colour change vinyl. Also the nost expensive option.

Stone chip guard is clear and comes in various thicknesses and can be used to do simple curves but I don't think it'll manage a full wrap so best for rub areas.

Steve
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

herman wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:27 pm Just bought a very clean bike I intend to use and abuse which I would like to protect a bit. Anyone had a bike wrapped? Clear or colour? Grades? I don't particularly want loads of graphics so one colour is fine. Any advice welcome.
Let's see it then !!!
herman

Post by herman »

Tramp wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 am Eh?.....what you think of it compared to the xt660r you had.....they looked a bit soft in the finush dept and couldnt ride one in mx boots....

Salesman said it was a offroad bike.... :x bollocks so i walked back to my heap of sorrow :lol:

You selling the big teneree then?.. If you want to try the new lomo panniers give me a shout...
It will need some changes for sure but after riding the RR one I was totally sold on their suspension. The XTR was nice and I quite possibly should of kept it hindsight etc. The CB feels a lot lighter on the steering which was nice but to the point I would need a damper but the one I rode had standard bars. As to finish then it is a budget bike hence the wrap. The S10 stays at least for now …. a) may of made a mistake b) I really like it c) I can now at last afford to run several bikes so sod it why not d) I really like it.
herman

Post by herman »

diggermanbob wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 am
herman wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:27 pm Just bought a very clean bike I intend to use and abuse which I would like to protect a bit. Anyone had a bike wrapped? Clear or colour? Grades? I don't particularly want loads of graphics so one colour is fine. Any advice welcome.
Let's see it then !!!
From a dealer so I wont get it for a week as I negotiated heated grips into the deal.

Return to “TECHNICAL”