Renthal bars F800GS

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
rodrigoscs

Renthal bars F800GS

Post by rodrigoscs »

Hi,
Did anyone here fit a Renthal fat bar on the F800? If so, is it a simple swap or did you have any problems installing bar weights or hand guards due the fact that the Renthal are thicker?
Cheers
Cone

Re: Renthal bars F800GS

Post by Cone »

I did and returned them

You can’t fit the bar ends from bmw as it needs threaded inserts. I considered expansion bolts but sent them back. You also have to drill all your own holes for fitting the grips. Although this may be normal
rodrigoscs

Post by rodrigoscs »

Cone wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:35 am I did and returned them

You can’t fit the bar ends from bmw as it needs threaded inserts. I considered expansion bolts but sent them back. You also have to drill all your own holes for fitting the grips. Although this may be normal
Yes, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for your answer. What did you get instead? Did you just stick with the OEM ones?
Cone

Post by Cone »

rodrigoscs wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:18 am
Cone wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:35 am I did and returned them

Yes, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for your answer. What did you get instead? Did you just stick with the OEM ones?
I got rid of the bike! and brought a BETTER one!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “TECHNICAL”