Petrol tank repair

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
hampsterracing

Re: Petrol tank repair

Post by hampsterracing »

Probably worth speaking to Steve at http://totallyttrs.com he often has second hand bits
XL700v 2010
xr250r 1991
East Devon
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

hampsterracing wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 pm Probably worth speaking to Steve at http://totallyttrs.com he often has second hand bits
Thanks hamster, been there done that, there like rocking horse sheet. Might try some quick steel filler and see what happens...Cheers Bob :D
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Worth a try steve , if it doesn't work let me know and I will get my spare tank over to you. You can always use it until we find another secondhand one , :D
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

no idea if it would work but i could imagine this stuff moulding to the correct shape and then maby could be epoxied in place ??

i use it for allsorts but have no idea how effective it would be ?? if all els fails wortha try i suppose :?: it drys rock hard and is pretty tough stuff but wont bond on its own ..but could make the basis of a seal with the right adheasive ?

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Cheers Bob, and minky, .....might have a lead on whole bike for spares, fingers crossed, probably find out tomoz.....Will let you know :D

Return to “TECHNICAL”