Stop n Go puncture repair kit

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Heff

Stop n Go puncture repair kit

Post by Heff »

So had the BatBike out over the weekend. Parked up for a while to come back to a rear puncture

Didn’t realise it was flat as it was on the centre stand, until I rode off

Anyway, I had a sticky string type kit with me, but it wasn’t until I opened my third tube of adhesive that hadn’t dried up to fix a temporary repair to get home Followed with a trip to the tyre shop for a proper repair on Monday

So after a bit of research I found the Stop n Go repair kit that doesn’t need adhesive which I bought online from M&P and it arrived today

https://www.mandp.co.uk/stop-and-go-poc ... eless.html

Looks fairly straightforward to use

So anyone used this kit and any comments would be great

Thanks
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
bowber

Re: Stop n Go puncture repair kit

Post by bowber »

I carry the sticky dog turd things, fixed my car once and a few weeks ago i fixed another car stuck in a carpark, worked both times but not used them on the bike yet.

Steve
UKJeeper

Post by UKJeeper »

Another turd user here. Bought them years ago for the Jeep(s). Always worked, even when I had to 2 or 3 on a sidewall (granite slash).
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Used it once on someone elses bike but it didn't work as the tyre had virtually no tread left on it and the hole was just a bit too big.

But I have seen it used with success on a XJR1300 rear tyre that did the job in getting the rider home so's he could get a replacement tyre.

I carry a can of tyre foam as well, as a "just in case" thing - I've seen this stuff work on a tubed tyre off road, hence my reason for carrying a can.

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

I use Stop n Go, it's great, have used it 4 times, twice on a bike and twice on car tyres, not all mine I have to add, I'm not that unlucky! Very easy to use if you follow the picture card that comes with it. Once it's failed me, it will seal a hole up to 4mm but I picked up a a 4.5mm blank shell on the ranges and it might a right mess of the tyre. I'm very happy with it :D
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

I also am a big fan of stop and go. Top class product and simple to use. When yer get it find an old tyre and try it out. You can re-use the mushroom a few times as yer practice. I have don a total of 6 punctures on mine and mates vehicles.
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
laughing gravy

Post by laughing gravy »

Had good results with this. Make sure the reaming tool follows the same angle the nail came out. If the angle is too great you may struggle to get a good seal.

Return to “TECHNICAL”