OSMAND satnav on Android phone

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Jeffwkirby

OSMAND satnav on Android phone

Post by Jeffwkirby »

Hello, I have been attempting to use this but really need some assistance of "how to". Am a slight nerd when it comes to IT.....

Anyone local in North Hampshire (Basingstoke area) that could spare me half an hour to demonstrate it? Its all loaded but its the final bit of route planning I can't get..

Thanks
Paul_C

Re: OSMAND satnav on Android phone

Post by Paul_C »

There's a thread on the TET forum which includes some videos and comments. I haven't read it so I can't comment whether it's any good.
http://transeurotrail.org/forum/viewtop ... f=17&t=414

I used it some time ago but have been using LocusMaps and Kurviger more recently. Pleased with both.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

I use OSMand for plotting routes. Not an easy interface to get to grips with, but there are loads of videos on YouTube that help.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Jeffwkirby

Post by Jeffwkirby »

Thanks guys, followed the videos and making the system work on the phone I am generally happy with. Where I am stuck is that I've downloaded the TET France map, I can see it, but I cannot seem to find out how I start it in Dieppe rather than down south?
I cannot break it down in to smaller pieces.
Hence the need for a 'hands on' demo rather than a video who I cannot speak to :(
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

On my OSMand you select the "Track" from my places and show on map.

Then select directions.

It asks "Do you want to use the displayed track for navigation?" I select "Yes"

Then select the "up and down"arrows on the bottom right reaction of the screen to swap the start and end points and thus reverse the direction of travel.

Hope that helps.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “TECHNICAL”