Knobbly, ribbed or flavoured?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

Ok, sorry to post yet another tyre question, but this one is a bit more specific and I have spent ages researching, just want some reviews/opinions/experience on where I have got too.

I know there is no such thing as the perfect tyre, especially for a big bike like the CFR1000 to do some Rallys and long trips on the road/trail, but I have narrowed it down to 2/3.

E09's seem thin on the ground at the moment and a good freind recommended E10's as being a good compromise and similar to the 09.

Anakee Wilds sound like a good choice all round, so wondered if anyone had experience of all three especially on the dirt as the Pirellies I currently have on are excellent road tyres and you can really hussle on them all weathers.
bfgjohno

Re: Knobbly, ribbed or flavoured?

Post by bfgjohno »

Griff097 wrote:Ok, sorry to post yet another tyre question, but this one is a bit more specific and I have spent ages researching, just want some reviews/opinions/experience on where I have got too.

I know there is no such thing as the perfect tyre, especially for a big bike like the CFR1000 to do some Rallys and long trips on the road/trail, but I have narrowed it down to 2/3.

E09's seem thin on the ground at the moment and a good freind recommended E10's as being a good compromise and similar to the 09.

Anakee Wilds sound like a good choice all round, so wondered if anyone had experience of all three especially on the dirt as the Pirellies I currently have on are excellent road tyres and you can really hussle on them all weathers.
Not the answer you were looking for but worth checking the motoz tractionator adventure if you haven't already

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

bfgjohno wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:53 pm
Griff097 wrote:
Not the answer you were looking for but worth checking the motoz tractionator adventure if you haven't already

No I haven't heard of them, looking at images of the tread I would guess more a 70/30 than 50/50 tyre though?
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

What? Nodders? :lol:
bfgjohno

Post by bfgjohno »

Griff097 wrote:
Griff097 wrote:

No I haven't heard of them, looking at images of the tread I would guess more a 70/30 than 50/50 tyre though?
I've used on motorways at legal limit +, stone, gravel, mud and hardpack in UK and France. Last really well.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/w ... 994/page-4

Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

bfgjohno wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:45 pm
Griff097 wrote:
Griff097 wrote:

I've used on motorways at legal limit +, stone, gravel, mud and hardpack in UK and France. Last really well.

Good informatin, just when I thought I had narrowed the choices down Lol

What bike were they on?
bfgjohno

Post by bfgjohno »

Griff097 wrote:
bfgjohno wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:45 pm
Griff097 wrote:
Griff097 wrote:

Good informatin, just when I thought I had narrowed the choices down Lol

What bike were they on?
KTM 690 Rally Factory Replica carrying me a full giant loop coyote luggage system

Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I've used the Anakee Wilds front and rear on my CCM 450, plus a couple of E09's on the rear. I'd say the Anakee Wild rear is better than the E09, but it costs more. Better grip on and off road, although off road it's traversing a slope which lets the E09 down. Not a massive difference in wear with the AW lasting a bit longer. Both are better than the TKC 70. Both struggle in soft wet muddy grass but that's using road pressures. I'm impressed with the front AW. It goes where I point it on and off road. Ok, it's not got the bite of a full blown knobbly but it's sufficient for my purposes. Good life on the front at around 6k. I got around 2k from the E09 riding in the Pyrenees, it was ok with about 5mm left but was pretty squirrelly on the loose stuff so I fitted another. Also consider I'd done the M5 down to Plymouth from the Midlands which won't have helped it. Maybe 3k from the AW rear down to the same depth. As for speed I rarely go above 70 on the CCM but on the occasions I've been at 80ish it's been ok, not sport tyre ok, but stable. Hope this helps. Prior to these I had Heideau K60's which were fine on road and packed trails. Replace them when you get bored!
Meanwhile, the tyres in action...
Last edited by Paul_C on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

I've used the E10 on my 1150GS. 2500 miles maximum on equal mix of road and trail before they were too worn to be useable on the trail anymore. There are better compromise tyres out there.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

great info here 8-)

.. how does the T63 compare?

Return to “TECHNICAL”