Garage security smart camera.

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Hugh

Garage security smart camera.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

I have been thinking about supplementing my home/garage alarm system with an additional 'smart camera' unit and I wondered if any of you good folks out there might have first hand experience of such products.

I have read so many reports on these units but they all seem to contradict each other. I am interested a product called "Clever Dog" which seems to tick most of the boxes, especially at the offer price of just £24.99 from a company called MyMemory.

I just want the extra facility of the unit contacting my mobile 'phone should the unthinkable be attempted. Fortunately, I live in an area with an active 'Homewatch' scheme which recently foiled a break-in at a neighbour's property.

TTFN

Hugh.
Craig-SM

Re: Garage security smart camera.

Post by Craig-SM »

Looks good but if you’re going to rely on WiFi you may have issues with signal quality. I assume you have power to the garage as it is usb powered from the mains. In which case use some power line network adapters with WiFi and you will have a strong support goal in the garage. If you’re going to use it as a stand-alone unit if the thief’s spot it they will take it with them and destroy the sd card.
If your garage is linked to your house alarm then have a second alarm box/siren fitted inside the garage as the additional noise will soon clear them off.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Did anyone see the report about der yoof on scooters nicking the BBC camera at the boat race in London?

They stopped the traffic on one of the bridges and were busy nicking the camera when the RNLI fast-response boat saw them and charged up with its lights and sirens on.

So they rode off, up-river to the next bridge, and nicked the camera off that one instead. Worth about £100,000, apparently, and a 'targeted theft'.

Totally blatant, in broad daylight.

It was in the Daily Telegraph last Saturday.
SIF

Post by SIF »

Hugh,

Worth considering a £10 WiFi jammer will defeat your camera so don't just rely on the WiFi signal alerting you.
Heff

Post by Heff »

If you already have an alarm installed, why not add a speech dialler to it, something like a Menveir SD1.

Details here https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=speec ... e&ie=UTF-8

This is easily connected with just 4 wires and an extension to an existing phone socket.

You programme up to 4 numbers into it and if your alarm is activated it will ring the numbers in sequence until someone answers
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Update, I have had extra sounders fitted in the garage, new backup battery and tested so I think that I shall leave it at that for now.

Thanks for your guidance ;)

TTFN

Hugh.
simonw

Post by simonw »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:53 am Did anyone see the report about der yoof on scooters nicking the BBC camera at the boat race in London?
Just read about it online. I think the mayor needs to meet with the camera manufacturers to get them to make the cameras harder to nick....

(For anyone that doesn't get that: https://www.london.gov.uk/press-release ... ated-crime)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yes if they installed locking swivel points it would prevent so much theft :roll: 8-)

Return to “TECHNICAL”