tubeless conversion

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
minkyhead

tubeless conversion

Post by minkyhead »

read a lot on this subject now ..

pros cons valve rips punctures no safty beads ect ect ..on balence i think it is worth a try and the pros out weigh the cons ...having had a bad off with a ripped valve not so long ago im of the opinion nowt could let air out faster ...crf is probaly a good one to do it on as its low power and narrow rims ..i never used clamps on the crf tyres ..i dont think ill try really low pressures as theres no clamps and a dented rim would not be good ..ive never had one

pucture sealing was very good in testing and i think beads apart its essential ti use a sealent with this method for a visual check of the valves and spokes ect ..if nowt else it certainly got me to check me tyres evry ride ..which i guess is what we should do ..but all good so far 8-)

been using 3m extream sealing tape 38ml rear 25ml front ,,,the e09 tubless rear sealed instantly ..the 644 tube mitas had a tiny leak on the bead 4psi over 4 days ..and despite the slime running the tyre re seating the little fecker would not seal ..just one place for two/ inches ..i found the bead leak was in the same place on the tyre and not on the rim as it blew tiny bubbles wherever i put it on the rim ..a very slow leak but a leak nontheless :ugeek:

but a change of sealant seems to have cured it 8-)

im not saying rush out and do it but the ealry signs are good .

.personally im not in the least worried about tape failure as in sudden or anything dramatic its pretty tough sticky stuff but obviusly i need to carfully watch things long term for signs of failure ..i intend to run the rar for a month and remove the tyre ..i am using me spare wheel for this and keeping a close eye on things for sure

....anyway

been done around a week now and so far so good

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
SteveW

Re: tubeless conversion

Post by SteveW »

I'm a convert to the "Generation 2 Tubeliss" system. It's got a high pressure inner core that seals the rim and grips the tyre.
You can can run mega-low PSI.
Minky's system sounds like the method used by mountain bikers for years.
Tubes are a pain.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

you'd a thought that a standard system would have been invented by now (that stops punctures)
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

SteveW wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 am I'm a convert to the "Generation 2 Tubeliss" system. It's got a high pressure inner core that seals the rim and grips the tyre.
You can can run mega-low PSI.
Minky's system sounds like the method used by mountain bikers for years.
Tubes are a pain.
your spot on steve ..having done me moutain bike i started searching for motorcycle conversions ..after reading up a very lot the feed back for the 3m tape system was very good so ive given it a go .. i normally go at 15psi with these tyres with a tube with no problem off road and ive set that as a sensible limit ..i will carry tubes just in case .
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

For info....might get a few more pointers here.....

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/t ... ew.831867/

:D

Will It Buff Out?

Return to “TECHNICAL”